Old 29 Sep 19, 01:57 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Travelling home today! It’s never the best day no matter how hard you try! We were packed and out of the hotel by 10:45 this morning! We headed down to the harbour area and had a coffee and some breakfast at one of the cafes! The breakfast was huge ! But perhaps not the best... the bacon was like rubber. None the less for the price it was fine. Unfortunately the service was fairly bad, they came over and served us within 5 minutes but after we had eaten he didn’t come back to the table to take our plates or ask if we wanted anything else at all! We were both very thirsty and I’d been told there was no orange juice available when we were first seated- no problem but he didn’t offer anything else and instead just walked away! In the end we gave it 40 mins and went to the bar paid and left!

We went for a fresh orange juice and second coffee at the cafe next to it - we had been to this one quite a few times and we shouldn’t have strayed in the end 😂 All in all it was nice to have one last morning over looking the harbour!

We had planned to go to Sandcity fiesta today! We routed it through google maps. Big mistake lol. Turns out it has moved premises but the old sand city is still in place so you can see lots of sculptures from the road but no way in! This resulted in us driving around for about half an hour, we went down some very questionable roads - some of which had giant cacti growing at the sides! Something was wrong. We then got out the leaflet we had picked up from the hotel as it had a 10% discount voucher in it. We luckily managed to route to an attraction near by and find the new premises! It was about 15 mins away from the old one. In the end it was well worth it, we spend about 1.5 hours walking around seeing the sculptures. They were so so impressive! There were hundreds of them.

We left around 3pm and decided we would drive to Faro and head to a big shopping mall called The Forum. We had a browse around and had some dinner in the food court around 5pm. It is a lovely mall and a good way to kill time before a flight. I went for a veggie meal from a little stand in the food court; thought I’d go for something a little different. It was ok, the veggie burger tasted of nothing but the fallafel was good as was everything else ! Reubs opted for a KFC, a safe bet, and said it was good!

We then stopped for a Starbucks americano, the biggest coffee we had all holiday! We sat and waited until about 6:15 before we decided to make our way to the airport which was only 10 mins away! We had said we would return our car at 6:30pm.

We arrived for pretty much bag on 6:30pm to drop the car off at the airport- all was fine and it was done within about 20 mins! We headed into the airport and I realised we were the only flight delayed, good. Instead of 8:45 our take off time was now 9:20pm- not too bad I suppose. Once we had checked in the bags and gotten through security I realised I’d left my favourite cardigan in the car great! Oh well. The air port was so so busy as there was 6 other UK flights all taking off around the same time! It was a struggle to find somewhere to sit. We found somewhere though around 7:45pm. We got a drink and waited for our flight to board!

We finally took off around 9:45, so an hour later than we should’ve! We made up half an hour in the air with a total flight time of 2.5 hours. The reason our flight was delayed was due to Jet2 doing a Thomas cook make up flight- I didn’t really mind this at all, I think it’s good on them! After loosing my cardigan the flight was a little cold but it was fine! We landed at 00:07 , finally got off the flight in to the wet and cold , cleared immigration and got our bags! It wasn’t too bad and only took 40 mins in total!

My sister picked us up and drove us home which was super kind of her, we were all unpacked and in bed at 1:45am!

We had a fantastic holiday and don’t wanna be back in the the rainy Manchester weather... now on to plan the big Disney trip!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tink111 View Post
And on to our final full day in the Gorgeous sunshine! We woke up around 10am this morning, finally starting to relax and we fly home tomorrow! We went for a stroll along the beach after coffee and Oreos on the balcony again. We walked all the way up to the cliffs and rocks this morning , it was pretty busy in comparison to our first day when we did this. It was much sunnier though and I think this was why. None the less it was a lovely walk along the bay.

We came back up to the room and were on our way out again by 12:30. We were heading to Ferragudo for some lunch and a wander around. Once we had parked up we walked to the main square and picked a place to have some lunch. We choose a restaurant called ‘Barrill’. We ordered a full lunch menu, so we had a beer each and bread and olives to start followed by a starter- I had a salad and Reubs had a fish soup. My salad was very meh - there was no dressing or anything however Reubs loved his soup. I then went for a grilled salmon and Reubs had sardines. Mine was fantastic , the best salmon I’d ever had! Reubs said his was also lovely- although it really creeped me out that they had the heads on with all the bones and bleh... im not great with fish lol! We then followed these by a chocolate mousse, which again was lovely! We got all this for €26 - amazing!

We then went for a walk around Ferragudo harbour. Again it was stunning you could see the fish in the water as it was so clear, we also stumbled upon a beautiful bay! We had a walk along , the water was so still, and at the bottom of the beach was a castle! It was unfortunately locked up but it was beautiful to look at anyways. We then had a stroll back to the car, it was sooo warm by this point! We decided to do the mini golf on the way home- again we had a great time but today was probably a little too hot to be doing this! There was no shade what so ever. We did however beat our scores from last time, I ended on 62 and Reubs on 60!

Once we arrived back at the hotel we were desperate to find a way to cool down. We quickly got in to our swim wear and walked to the beach. Dived straight in to the sea... it was Fab! Such a lovely way to end our afternoon. After a little sit on the beach we headed back up to the room around 5pm to chill and get ready for the evening. We headed out to Alvor in a taxi around 6:45. Went for a few drinks in mourijco the cocktail bar and Tortuga tavern and the we decided to get some dinner. We didn’t end up getting too far however as Reubs is an avid stoke city fan and we walked past the sports bar streaming the game just as a goal had happened! We stopped for a quick one here so he could watch the first half !

We then headed on the our chosen restaurant for the evening, gusto. We had found this place on google as it has amazing Reviews- and lives up to them! Firstly we were bought out fresh bread with olive oil and balsamic. We ordered a specialty meat and cheese and bruschetta board to start- amazing! Huge but just amazing, every last bit was great, the red wine jam was a real highlight. I then had a bolognese pasta and Reubs had a carbonara! Again both great. I had a wine and Reubs had a beer and the total came to €53, again what amazing value ! We then ended our final night with our favourite ice creams for the walk back to our hotel. We had a relatively early night and were in bed by 11:30!

That meat and cheese board looks delicious!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by darbs View Post
That meat and cheese board looks delicious!
It was amazing! Nothing like we’d had before all the food was fab
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List