Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 1 Jun 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

I'm also missing being able to just drop down and click on new posts. I suppose I may get used to the extra click but when you click on new posts the amount I do it's a pain!😂
Old 1 Jun 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
I agree, much prefer the 'new posts' and 'mark forums read' to be more easily visible.
We are all different ... I've never marked a forum read!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Iv started a poll so we can see what people think
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

I’m also still very much missing the little blue arrow where I could see the first and last post without opening the whole thread. ☹️

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
I’m sorry but it was better before the change. Sometimes change for changes sake doesn’t improve it.
Certainly very far from "Change for changes sake"!

If it wasn't for some of these changes the DIBB probably wouldn't be operating for much longer.

posted this a while back...

Before the current situation we had dedicated advertisers and didn't rely on google ads to generate revenue. Since the closure of Florida parks and the lockdown here in the UK the main advertisers understandably either postponed or canceled their advertising.

The DIBB has been hit massively by the current situation and we have lost 90% plus of our income.

The advertising revenue coming in at the moment just won't cover our costs for our server, associated services and licenses which are due for renewal in a few months.

We are optimistic that we can ride this out, but for the moment we are having to make some changes to optimise the DIBB so that we can keep it running. These are unprecedented circumstances that we all find ourselves in.
I also posted this a couple of days ago... https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1172303

Hopefully members will understand."
Old 1 Jun 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Certainly very far from "Change for changes sake"!

If it wasn't for some of these changes the DIBB probably wouldn't be operating for much longer.

posted this a while back...

Before the current situation we had dedicated advertisers and didn't rely on google ads to generate revenue. Since the closure of Florida parks and the lockdown here in the UK the main advertisers understandably either postponed or canceled their advertising.

The DIBB has been hit massively by the current situation and we have lost 90% plus of our income.

The advertising revenue coming in at the moment just won't cover our costs for our server, associated services and licenses which are due for renewal in a few months.

We are optimistic that we can ride this out, but for the moment we are having to make some changes to optimise the DIBB so that we can keep it running. These are unprecedented circumstances that we all find ourselves in.
I also posted this a couple of days ago... https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1172303

Hopefully members will understand."
Stu

Hopefully the £25 a year contributed by us Passholders helps you on your way a little? As far as I'm concerned far better value than the BBC Licence fee. Not much to pay compared to a Florida holiday - just about a Flo's Filet at Longhorn.

Keep up the good work

Mick
Old 1 Jun 20, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thank you Mick,
Much appreciated I can assure you.

I just can’t wait to get back to the holiday planning topics, even if it is UK holidays.

I feel very lucky that I was at WDW for a week in March even if it was a Busman's holiday. I really feel for those members that have had their plans for this year scuppered.
Old 2 Jun 20, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Thank you Mick,
Much appreciated I can assure you.

I just can’t wait to get back to the holiday planning topics, even if it is UK holidays.

I feel very lucky that I was at WDW for a week in March even if it was a Busman's holiday. I really feel for those members that have had their plans for this year scuppered.
Stu

A couple of days ago I did post about how to pay tolls and even my famous toll plaza photos so that made me feel a bit better.

Over the past 2/3 months I've always been a glass half full guy on here.

Hopefully you'll get a few more sign up to be passholders as well soon And like my NHS applause thread a few weeks ago that's not an order.

Mick
Old 2 Jun 20, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Over the past 2/3 months I've always been a glass half full guy on here.
Yep I'm definitely a glass half full person. I'm always grateful for whatever situation I'm in especially as you know there are always others much worse off which is always humbling.
Old 2 Jun 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkJ
Imagineer

Always got a great deal of pleasure and information from using the DIBB and particularly during the current pandemic its been an excellent way to pass the time.

Thank you to everyone at the DIBB - just signed up as a Premium Member and would urge others to do the same at this difficult time as it will ensure the DIBB is here for many years to come and £25 from many members would really help!
MarkJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List