Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Aug 18, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Email I got was till 6pm but I'll certainly ask when I get there have got an appointment for the Monday anyway just in case
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post

We are doing ours at MCO in two weeks time, fingers crossed.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Dublingirl
Helping Mickey

We did ours last year. It's definitely worth it for us as we travel to the US at least twice a year. Immigration and security on leaving the US is a doddle now.
Dublingirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Dogwalker
VIP Dibber

I got mine soon after it launched for UK citizens. It's money well spent in my opinion but I do travel to US a couple of times a year for work as well as holidays.
It has saved me so much time both on landing, and being able to use the TSA pre-check lanes when leaving the US
Dogwalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona3103
Imagineer

fiona3103's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks for that.
fiona3103 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Ian's just had an email with a whole load of new airports where you can complete but it seems manynare Monday to Friday 8am to 5 including Orlando but will still be worth it for us and the grown up kids and grand babies
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rjhsteel View Post
Just seen this on the Virgin site.

virginatlantic/gb/en...-precheck.html

Has anyone used it?

Does it mean a faster route through customs at MCO?
Hiya rjh - we don't have Global Entry which allows a faster US entry/exit, but are given TSA Pre✓ when we exit the US. Seems to be a TSA perk given to pax viewed as 'safe'. We've held B2 visa since 2012, our first TSA Pre✓ was May 2017, it's not a given for B2 holders. TSA Pre✓ makes for a smooth exit, no shoes and socks off, no liquids/electronics out of bags but they are a tad more sensitive on the X-ray. Last May they opened our cabin case to re-scan two containers of lemon pepper and one Tums container. This May they opened our cabin case and scanned our lemon pepper again

It may be once you're TSA Pre✓ approved you're selected each time you exit the US. You can't request TSA Pre✓, it's by selection only.
Old 6 Aug 18, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Ian's just had an email with a whole load of new airports where you can complete but it seems manynare Monday to Friday 8am to 5 including Orlando but will still be worth it for us and the grown up kids and grand babies
Helen. Are you enrolling the Grandchildren as well? Good idea.

We are taking our Granddaughter in Aug 19 but I am in two minds what to do ref her. However if we dont enrol her I suspect my Wife will go the GE route and grab the cases whilst I will line up with the little one. Unless I try and blag her through and see what happens at the GE desk!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Helen. Are you enrolling the Grandchildren as well? Good idea.

We are taking our Granddaughter in Aug 19 but I am in two minds what to do ref her. However if we dont enrol her I suspect my Wife will go the GE route and grab the cases whilst I will line up with the little one. Unless I try and blag her through and see what happens at the GE desk!
Nowt to lose by trying to get her thro the GE lane MrT, give it a go
Old 6 Aug 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Nowt to lose by trying to get her thro the GE lane MrT, give it a go
Our son had his interview on arrival a few weeks ago at MCO and one of the reasons they cited for which he could lose it is if he brought someone, e.g. a girlfriend, to the GE line if she didn’t have it.

I love GE as twice I’ve managed to get from plane to hire car in less than 15 minutes when travelling with hand luggage only as we invariably do.
SteveC is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List