Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 14 Sep 18, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Fred, Wilma and Family - A Graduation is Cause for Celebration - Day 5 (Magic Kingdom)

Friday 24th August

So, we were going back to Magic Kingdom today. Ben was tired and had decided he needed a rest day so had opted to stay behind, so it was just the 4 of us who set off this morning. It was EMH today and we had arranged to meet Kim and Terry on the bus to the park, however little did we know that Kidani and Jambo have separate buses running until 10am so I messaged Kim and told her we would meet them at the park. We had no plans to meet up with Linda this morning but we had a lunch reservation at Be Our Guest later, so knew we would be seeing her then.

Once in the park, our first stop had to be Space Mountain. This has long since been Rhiannon’s favourite ride, however last time she went the ride was closed for rehab so she was super excited to finally get to ride it.

October 2009

August 2018

Although looking at the ride photo, I am not entirely sure she enjoyed it as much as she used to. Kim and I commented that Space Mountain is most definitely a ride that is less enjoyable after a certain age

It was almost 9am by now, as we had been a little later arriving than we’d planned, but everybody needed coffee and Daniel wanted something to eat so we decided to stop into Starbucks.

Surprise, surprise but who turned up there but Starbucks Linda (I first met Linda in a Starbucks in Kingston-upon-Thames, when we were going to a DIS meet – since then my son has nicknamed her Starbucks Linda, although she now has lots of other nicknames too ) Apparently WE were sitting in HER office She told me that she’d had the Cheshire Cat tail, which was on my snack list. I asked her if there was real Cheshire Cat in it and she said it was cat-tofu!

After we’d finished our drinks, we said a temporary goodbye to Linda, who was heading to meet the big cheese himself. It was Fast Pass time ad we were off to battle Emperor Zurg! For some reason, Rea’s score didn’t show up in this picture but I did a bit better today.

Then we rode the Tea Party. I don’t recall ever having ridden this before, but I’m fairly sure I must have. Not sure I’m going to be in any hurry to ride it again though.

Since we were in the area, it would have been rude not to have the Cheshire Cat Tail. I bought one and we all tried a little bit.

Next, we made our way to Fantasyland, where we rode Under The Sea – Journey of The Little Mermaid.

And then we made our way to a part of the park that we usually avoid like the plague – Storybook Circus. We rode the Barnstormer - very rickety and bumpy - and another first for me – Dumbo! Can you believe, in all my visits to Walt Disney World, I had never ridden Dumbo?

Unfortunately, for the first half of the ride, our elephant wouldn’t move up or down. We were sad!

And then we had to go into Big Top Souvenirs. I love, love, love the smell in here. It is so amazing. We drooled over the tasty treats but didn’t buy anything.

Our next stop on our whirlwind tour was Philharmagic, always a firm favourite.

And then it was time for our second Fast Pass – Peter Pan. This is such a lame ride, I can’t believe I wasted a Fast Pass on it. But Kim wanted to ride it and I wasn’t about to stand in line for it. So waste a Fast Pass I did.

I made her ride with me, since I figured that was the least she could do.

Meanwhile, I was hastily messaging Linda to let her know we were on our way as it was time for our lunch ADR at Be Our Guest. As soon as we were off the ride, we route marched over there and headed straight inside for lunch.

After lunch, we had our final Fast Pass of the day at Big Thunder Mountain. Unfortunately, due to the inclement weather, the ride was closed and so we had a Multiple Experience Fast Pass to use. We had briefly discussed the possibility of doing Splash since Linda had a Fast Pass for that one, but there was a bit of confusion on the walk over and Linda and Daniel ended up way further ahead of us. We had all decided we didn’t really want to ride it, but we thought Daniel and Linda had gone ahead onto the ride, so I was stressing a little about the fact that Daniel would have used his Fast Pass and wouldn’t be able to ride anything with the rest of us. I needn’t have worried as Splash was also closed due to the weather so we took the opportunity to ride Haunted Mansion, Linda’s favourite ride.

Me, Rhiannon and Linda squeezed (somewhat uncomfortably – my bum needs its space) into one Doom Buggy. Linda pointed out loads of little details to us throughout the ride, including a Hidden Donald that I hadn’t spotted before. This prompted Gary to decide he wanted to ride Haunted Mansion with her next time and he requested her tour guide services for our return visit on Tuesday.

Being squidged together for so long had taken its toll on my bladder so, as we got off the ride, I told Rea I was going to run to the bathroom. My original plan had been to go towards Liberty Square bathrooms but I suddenly realised I could go left to the Tangled area, so that’s what I did. Everybody else had taken the opportunity for a bathroom break too, so we reconvened there (minus Linda).

At this point we were planning to go back to the resort as we wanted to chill out a bit before our dinner at ‘Ohana later. We said goodbye to Kim and Terry who were staying in the park and we made our way to the exit. We stopped briefly in Main Street Confectionary, where we bought a M&M candy apple, a Rice Krispy Treat and Millennium Pink Brownie Ears.

We made a little bit of a start on our packing, chilled out in the room for a while, ate some candy apple and then showered and dressed for dinner. We had decided the best way to get there was the bus to Magic Kingdom, then monorail or boat to the Polynesian. Unfortunately, as we got on the bus, Rhiannon had a wardrobe malfunction as the sole of her sandal more or less disintegrated. She had to get on the monorail barefoot, which was quite gross as somebody had spilt popcorn all over the floor. Linda had messaged me to tell me Trader Sam’s was currently closed, due to the fire alarm having been activated. They were just waiting for the all clear and then she was going to jump in line to get a table as we were having drinks there before dinner. As we got off the monorail, I sent Gary and Daniel off to find Linda and I went to the shop with Rhiannon and Ben to buy some new sandals. While I was there, I spotted the Limited Edition Dooney & Bourke DVC Magic Band and just had to buy it. As we arrived at Trader Sam’s they were just reopening and we were able to go straight in and find a table. We ordered drinks and watched the shenanigans for the next hour, until it was time to settle our bill and head upstairs to check in for our ADR.

While we were waiting for our table, we spotted two Photopass photographers in the lobby, with only one person in line for pictures. Rea, Linda and I ran down to have pictures taken. The photographers were great and, when she heard we’d left the guys upstairs, she decided to play around and incorporate them into the photos. These are some of my favourites from the whole trip.

After dinner, we parted ways and headed for the monorail. Gary and I briefly lost the others as they’d wandered off downstairs, but they must have eventually realised they needed to be upstairs for the monorail and they found their way back to where they needed to be just as the monorail was arriving. As we arrived at MK, we just caught the end of Hallowishes, which was cool and a lovely end to the night.

The music from this show is so great. We had a very short wait for a bus back to Kidani and, by 11 we were back at the hotel and in bed.
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A long but great day

Joan
Old 15 Sep 18, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Dizzny Momma
Excited about Disney

I love the tea cups and another fun filled day full of adventure
Margaret
Dizzny Momma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Dogwalker
VIP Dibber

I love those Photopass pictures from the Poly!
Top day and fab night 😊
Dogwalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

So looking forward to trying trader sams 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

What a lovely action packed day
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List