Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 May 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
bwfc4ife
VIP Dibber

Touringplans - any good?

Hi everyone

Just read another post on here that mentions a website called Touringplans. Have never come across it before, but a few people have mentioned the change in predicted crowd levels for August. Anyone else here used it and found it to be accurate and/or worth the subscription fee?
bwfc4ife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Nic18076
Apprentice Imagineer

I personally like it - it isn't very expensive and if you are staying onsite then they will fax a room request to Disney for you (free). Last time we went I put in a request via Touring plans and also direct to Disney and we got the exact room we wanted - don't know which one worked of course .
There are also actual touring plans on there that you can use - although we don't tend to use that feature much to be honest.
Nic18076 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
R3D4
Getting Excited

I paid the fee for a year as I was planning on using them to make a room request.

I have started making rough itineraries with them, but my initial impression is that their expectations of how busy the parks will be in mid July are way off.

For example, some rides in MK they say at 10.30am we would wait circa 10 mins to get on. If I check that same ride now (so 10.30am in Orlando) the wait time is 20 mins. I can't see it being less busy in July than it is now.
R3D4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink0602
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Yes! I used it lots to plan before I arrived and their lines app is often more accurate than the disney wait times whilst you are in the park. I would use it again if i went again...
Tink0602 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink0602
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I must admit that our crowd levels were amended up in the weeks before we left but I think that so much is wide open this year with Star Wars GE opening. But the website and app are still very useful!
Tink0602 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by R3D4 View Post
I paid the fee for a year as I was planning on using them to make a room request.

I have started making rough itineraries with them, but my initial impression is that their expectations of how busy the parks will be in mid July are way off.

For example, some rides in MK they say at 10.30am we would wait circa 10 mins to get on. If I check that same ride now (so 10.30am in Orlando) the wait time is 20 mins. I can't see it being less busy in July than it is now.
Where are you looking for current wait times? Disney often inflates wait times. Posted wait times are rarely accurate and are often longer than actual wait times.

I’ve found touring plans to be accurate, but I tend to use the plans as more of a guide than a prescriptive plan. I used it on our first two week trip starting at the end October and for a two week trip at the end of August. I’m fairly certain you can get access to basic plans and have a good look around the site without buying a subscription. There are often discount codes too. I think tenacity was one, but that might be old now.
BigPetesWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
R3D4
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by BigPetesWife View Post
Where are you looking for current wait times? Disney often inflates wait times. Posted wait times are rarely accurate and are often longer than actual wait times.

I’ve found touring plans to be accurate, but I tend to use the plans as more of a guide than a prescriptive plan. I used it on our first two week trip starting at the end October and for a two week trip at the end of August. I’m fairly certain you can get access to basic plans and have a good look around the site without buying a subscription. There are often discount codes too. I think tenacity was one, but that might be old now.
Using the WDW app for the wait times. Obviously if what TP are saying is going to be the case then that would be excellent, just doesn't seem right.

I'm using the plans I make with them as a rough guide as I know that the reality of being in the Park with two young kids will be very much a see how we get on situation.

They may adjust how busy the parks are nearer the time which would increase wait times etc.
R3D4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

The subscription is $14.95 for the year. I have used their touring plans twice in the parks now but from the book not the website ( so no access to wait times etc) and have found them really helpful. When following their plans, we have never waited more than 30 minutes for anything, though I tend to use them as a guide rather than following them religiously.

I have signed up to the website this year and am currently having great fun making plans and having them optimized on the site. Today was FP+ day, so this weekend I will feed all my FP times into my plans and see how much they alter.

I don't know whether their crowd predictions are accurate or whether I will use their Lines app when I am in the parks, but I have had way more than $14.95 worth in entertainment value before we even get to Florida!
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes. I think it is awesome. Crowd calendars are useful.

But it is the individual park itinerary planning that is most useful imo.

You can use it in different ways, but essentially you are telling it what you want to do and it puts them all in order for you to minimise queues.

Same story whenever i use it... Get it to set up a plan, look at the plan, think really? That doesnt make sense?

Then realise that is why they work. The plans are designed to get you doing things at times others will not be doing them.

It also allows for the relative queue times.

So it plans that if ride A is 15 mins and ride B is 50 mins. That is not as good as queing for ride A for 20 mins and ride B for 20 mins. Though the queue for A is longer.

Not saying you have to follow it to the letter, but it gives a lot of ideas.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I think it's pretty naff apart from the Lines app - that's great The app still works even though my membership expired a few months ago. I did a room request for when I stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter last year and it couldn't have been more way off if they tried!
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List