Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jul 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

Arrow Just found out I'm pregnant. We go to Florida in 7 weeks. Tips & Advice please?

As the title says, I have just discovered that I'm 4 and a half weeks pregnant. We leave for Florida in 6 and a half weeks so I will be 11 weeks along.

This is my first pregnancy. We've been trying for about a year, as in no birth control but not going out of our way to check timings. Right now I'm feeling shocked and excited and I'm trying to get my ducks in a row

Obviously this will mean a big change to the ride aspect of our holiday and because of how near it is we already have tickets to Disney, MNSSHP, Universal, KSC and a rodeo. DH and I are staying offsite in a villa and have a car hire that we both can drive.

We are also going on a week long cruise to the fjords in 4 and a half weeks. We never have this many holidays...must have known, lol.

Having never been pregnant before I'm not 100% sure what to expect. I feel ok right now but I know I could feel sick and tired. I would usually take travel sickness pills too.

Any hints, tips or advice will be gratefully received.

I would also appreciate any suggestions of special or unique baby shops or things in Florida that we might not get over here.
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Congratulations 🎉
Can give you tips on babys but now they are older its not as clear lol
No help with baby and Disney at all though
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Doowop
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Just wanted to say congratulations.

I would speak to your doctor/midwife about what they suggest x
Doowop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney1
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Congratulations!

I've been to Florida twice in the last 4 years and both times ended up pregnant. The first time I was 20 weeks and went in June it was hot and I just took it easy. Some days the heat got a bit much and I had to spend a couple of days just chilling around the resort. There are still plenty of things to do ride wise and shows.

The 2nd time I was 8 weeks and we went in January. I had rough pregnancies both times but for some reason when I went to Florida it seemed to stop and I had a fantastic time.
Disney1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Congratulations! As a first step, I would get in touch with your GP surgery to speak to a midwife as it might affect scan timings, I know the nuchal fold has to be done in a limited date range which is likely to overlap with your holiday, so it would be worth checking that with them and trying to get it booked.

Ive been to the US in all three of my pregnancies, first time to California including a day of Disney, other times in Florida. I was a little bit further on than you at 14-15 weeks each time. The risk of blood clots is a bit higher in pregnancy so make sure you keep mobile on the flight.

Otherwise just plan your days to allow for breaks, and be prepared to take things a little bit easier if you are feeling tired.
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Congratulations 🥳🙌enjoy your last Disney holiday without kids
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Congratulations, just take things at your own pace, keep hydrated and make sure you move often in the flight . I was pregnant in one of my trips ( youngest 21 so not recent ! ) ginger biscuits a god send if you feel sick . Best wishes so exciting 😁

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

Congratulations, and enjoy the first special weeks. I loved that we where having a secret from the world.

And ask for advice from a midwife/doctor, they can help.
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Congratulations! Been so long since I was pregnant, but we got married abroad when I was 8 weeks gone, and holidayed again when I was 29 weeks (2nd baby) Stay hydrated as you usually would in Florida, and take some time out when you need it. As you're bound to be tired, let alone the usual Florida tiredness after days in the parks! Not sure if you need to inform your insurance company aswell? just incase (god forbid anything should happen)

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

I have no tips but just wanted to say congratulations!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List