Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 16 Aug 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Must do's in Amsterdam

Myself and my partner are planning 3 nights in Amsterdam early October and we're interested to hear about any must do sights/attractions/things to do?

Thanks

Edited at 09:14 PM.
skinnybaby is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
CSTUARTt1980
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I would also be interested to hear people's recommendation s on things to do. Going in January for long weekend x
CSTUARTt1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Tee
Trainee Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Anne Frank's House is probably my favourite place to visit. It's fascinating and incredibly sad but so worth doing. When we went last year you had to have bought the tickets on-line before your visit, but I don't know if that's still the case. We also enjoyed The Lookout tower (fab views) and the canal boat ride (we did it at night) and just generally wandering around the canals.
Tee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
CSTUARTt1980
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tee View Post
Anne Frank's House is probably my favourite place to visit. It's fascinating and incredibly sad but so worth doing. When we went last year you had to have bought the tickets on-line before your visit, but I don't know if that's still the case. We also enjoyed The Lookout tower (fab views) and the canal boat ride (we did it at night) and just generally wandering around the canals.
Fab sounds great xx
CSTUARTt1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Doowop
Very Serious Dibber

Canal boat was great. We really enjoyed sitting outside the sailor pub watching the ladies (you need a good few drinks when doing this to make it fun), we played spot the blue light 🙄, the sex museum, all things you wouldnt get to do anywhere else in the world 😂
Doowop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
CSTUARTt1980
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Doowop View Post
Canal boat was great. We really enjoyed sitting outside the sailor pub watching the ladies (you need a good few drinks when doing this to make it fun), we played spot the blue light 🙄, the sex museum, all things you wouldnt get to do anywhere else in the world 😂
Haha sounds fun. Not sure how limited we will be as obvs it will be very cold in January haha
Old 17 Aug 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Toolman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Following
Mrs Toolman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

I was in Amsterdam as part of a Contiki Bus Tour back in 2006. We went to Anne Franks House, did a night time canal tour, visited a diamond house and did a walking tour.

Im going back in 2020 on a Disney Cruise and my plan is to do a hop on hop off bus tour and have lunch at Hard Rock cafe.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
Im going back in 2020 on a Disney Cruise and my plan is to do a hop on hop off bus tour and have lunch at Hard Rock cafe.
Thankyou for that. Hard Rock Cafe has just been added to my list
skinnybaby is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

The A*dam Lookout swing is pretty cool adamlookout/swing-over-the-edge/

Pllek is a great place to get a drink or a bite to eat. pllek.nl/ The surrounding area - the NDSM Wharf - has some great street art. Pancakes Amsterdam is another good place to get food - its a chain and there are several locations. If you like street food then Foodhallen is the place to head to.

If the weather is good then hire a bike and cycle round Vondelpark. If youre brave enough, head out on the road as cycling in Amsterdam is definitely an experience!

Its years since Ive been to the Heineken Brewery, but it was fun on my last visit.

If you like modern art then the Stedelijk museum is good. And dont forget the Van Gogh Museum.

As others have said Anne Franks House is a must do - but queues get big. And a canal boat tour is a must as well.

If it isnt obvious - I love Amsterdam! There is just so much to do!
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List