Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Aug 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
R3D4
Getting Excited

Mobile Orlando via Toronto

Looking for flights for next summer and an option that has popped up is flying Edinburgh to Orlando via Toronto.

One upside being that Toronto has pre-clearance and the layover time is pretty decent.

Has anyone had a transfer here and how easy/difficult was it?

I appreciate as well as an ESTA to get into the US I'll need the Canadian version of this even just to transfer through the airport.
R3D4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi we have done this before on 2 occasions, have you considered staying for 2/3 days. This can normally be done for no extra charge. Toronto itself is worth a tour ,as is the zoo and of course a trip to Niagara Falls and Niagara on the lake.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

How much time does it add to the journey ?
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Could you spend a couple of days in Toronto to see Niagara Falls ?
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Journey time Toronto to orlando is approx 2.5 hours
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
R3D4
Getting Excited

Mobile

We arent going for very long so I'm not overly keen on stopping over in Toronto. Would have been nice, but not this time.

Air Canada both legs so interested to know if we change terminals, does baggage get checked through or is it like the US where we have to collect and re-check.
R3D4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Bags get checked through from what I can remember.

It was fine, just don’t watch them putting the cases on the plane because Toronto was the worst I’ve ever seen for that. Saw my friends case BOUNCE off the treadmill type thingy and onto the tarmac... other than that, no complaints.

We were delayed at Toronto, and they changed gates which wasn’t made clear at all tbh. But we managed and it was fine.
Flying experience was fine as well .
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
xXxSammi88xXx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We did this. Baggage went through but the best bit was doing immigration there and being able to skip it in orlando
Old 29 Aug 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
R3D4
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
Bags get checked through from what I can remember.

It was fine, just don’t watch them putting the cases on the plane because Toronto was the worst I’ve ever seen for that. Saw my friends case BOUNCE off the treadmill type thingy and onto the tarmac... other than that, no complaints.

We were delayed at Toronto, and they changed gates which wasn’t made clear at all tbh. But we managed and it was fine.
Flying experience was fine as well .
Thanks!

The flight is with Air Canada Rouge, so I know what to expect from the reviews I have read. I know they don't have seatback entertaiment and that I need to have their app to stream stuff. At least we will be prepared for that.

I booked last night and we're arriving and departing from the same terminal so hopefully that makes things easier also.
Old 29 Aug 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
R3D4
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by xXxSammi88xXx View Post
We did this. Baggage went through but the best bit was doing immigration there and being able to skip it in orlando
This was a big positive for us and one of the main reasons for booking. In reality we were always likely to be going indirect for cost reasons.

I also quite like the fact that our transatlantic flight will be the last one and that after that we're 30 mins from home.

With two young kids I didn't fancy landing in London for example then waiting around for 3 hours for a flight home.