Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jul 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Shkyler View Post
Agree very unprofessional and really puts you off flying with them. Would you try ringing? Know you shouldn’t have to but might be worth a shot. 3 months is shocking to wait
Many thanks for the response but after reading their update we decided to wait a little longer so to see how long the process takes with this new technology. Also our CC statement for July will be issued around the 24th so hopefully if we're to believe Aer Lingus we should receive the refund in August and hopefully before that statement is produced.

All the best.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Day 81 and still no refund. Tried emailing them but all that did was produce another reference number. Emailed again informing them of the error of their ways. Have now passed to bank for chargeback. I send them a regular message on twitter just to keep them awake.
We did the same and received a new case number but no other follow-up. Good luck with the charge-back and twitter messages and will update this thread when we receive our refund.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I had about 3 different case numbers but rang anyway and got my voucher within 5 hours. Enough is enough
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
I called them today on the Dublin number Joshie posted and they've processed my refund which they said I should receive in the next few days
I received my refund on 7th July

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dac123
Getting Excited

Update on our 2 cancellation and refund requests from the 27th of march. like a lot of people I tried contacting them using the standard phone numbers. That does not work, it was an oversees call centre and I just got the party line from someone I could just about make out. "The refund will be paid in turn after 7-10 days but it may take longer at the moment", This was at the forty day point. One of the bookings we used chargeback which took 9 days in total. The other at the 9 week point we found a number for the HQ in Dublin on a Facebook group. No waiting it went straight through after the recorded message. They said it would be sorted out, we would get an e-mail in 2 days and a refund in the following 5 days. That's exactly what happened and the phone call was under 4 mins. 01 7617835 from outside Ireland (UK) 00353 1 7617835 drop the zero

They have had a problem with March and April voucher and refund requests. They said they are dealing with requests in order, this is not true. People with flights in June, July and even August have had refunds in a few days, people from March and April are still waiting. I think it is some sort of data loss or server issue. Someone I spoke to who has been on at them constantly got replies stating the usual busy and will be dealt with in turn. recently he was asked to submit a new request which was paid in a few days, this seems to confirm the March problem. Br'er Bear, the email you got specifically mentions march requests, by the way I got one and we have had both refunds.

Edited at 04:12 PM.
dac123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dac123 View Post
Update on our 2 cancellation and refund requests from the 27th of march. like a lot of people I tried contacting them using the standard phone numbers. That does not work, it was an oversees call centre and I just got the party line from someone I could just about make out. "The refund will be paid in turn after 7-10 days but it may take longer at the moment", This was at the forty day point. One of the bookings we used chargeback which took 9 days in total. The other at the 9 week point we found a number for the HQ in Dublin on a Facebook group. No waiting it went straight through after the recorded message. They said it would be sorted out, we would get an e-mail in 2 days and a refund in the following 5 days. That's exactly what happened and the phone call was under 4 mins. 01 7617835 from outside Ireland (UK) 00353 1 7617835 drop the zero

They have had a problem with March and April voucher and refund requests. They said they are dealing with requests in order, this is not true. People with flights in June, July and even August have had refunds in a few days, people from March and April are still waiting. I think it is some sort of data loss or server issue. Someone I spoke to who has been on at them constantly got replies stating the usual busy and will be dealt with in turn. recently he was asked to submit a new request which was paid in a few days, this seems to confirm the March problem. Br'er Bear, the email you got specifically mentions march requests, by the way I got one and we have had both refunds.
Many thanks for the update and good to hear you've been fully refunded.

One would hope AL would have some sort of back-up data stored somewhere and if they were having problems with data loss then I would hope they would have at least sent out a general email to everyone on their system to contact them on that HQ phone number if still waiting for vouchers/refunds and should have also stated that in their updated notice on their web site.

Basically the notice just states to bear with them which is similar to what we were being told by the overseas call centres, so it's just down to the high numbers involved.

We are not now in any rush to rebook for Sep/Oct 2020 so we'll now probably just bear with them so to see how long it takes, wish we would have taken the voucher option with the 10% uplift, but at the time thought the refund would be quicker so we could rebook.

I've pasted the phone numbers you listed on the first post, so many thanks.

Take care and hope you can sort out some new flights soon.

Edited at 05:03 PM.
Old 20 Jul 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
dac123
Getting Excited

I am fairly sure I won't use AL again I have had 3 experiences over the years all had a problem. The first was 39 years ago this month. We got married in the morning, no reception we flew Ireland To Miami which was a big deal back then. 4 hours after the wedding we were off on honeymoon on a jumbo jet, which has a lot of seats. Aer Lingus could not get us 2 seats beside each other on a plane that size. I explained the situation re the honeymoon, this made no difference they did not even try. Well to say I was less than impressed was an understatement, I said at the time never again.
I held out for 27 years, My daughters were 21 and 22 we decided this would be our last family holiday all together. We decided to push the boat out a little and went for the good seats up front I was told when booking they had no business class on the flight but these were near enough the same, separate check in, better meals lounge use. Check in was good with no body in front at the separate desk, then to the lounge. They would not let us in, apparently what we were told at booking was wrong, they said we had paid for a premium seat but not a premium service. Of course it was my mistake as the booking staff would not have said it included the lounge.
12 years on and against my better judgement this was my 3rd attempt at Florida flights with AL. You all know how that has gone. I was about to book new flights after eventually getting both refunds, can you guess who with. All I can say is I will not be giving Aer Fungus a fourth try, I have just booked 8 premium economy flights Dublin to Orlando with United.
Good luck to anyone still waiting.

Edited at 05:49 PM.
dac123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dac123 View Post
I am fairly sure I won't use AL again I have had 3 experiences over the years all had a problem. The first was 39 years ago this month. We got married in the morning, no reception we flew Ireland To Miami which was a big deal back then. 4 hours after the wedding we were off on honeymoon on a jumbo jet, which has a lot of seats. Aer Lingus could not get us 2 seats beside each other on a plane that size. I explained the situation re the honeymoon, this made no difference they did not even try. Well to say I was less than impressed was an understatement, I said at the time never again.
I held out for 27 years, My daughters were 21 and 22 we decided this would be our last family holiday all together. We decided to push the boat out a little and went for the good seats up front I was told when booking they had no business class on the flight but these were near enough the same, separate check in, better meals lounge use. Check in was good with no body in front at the separate desk, then to the lounge. They would not let us in, apparently what we were told at booking was wrong, they said we had paid for a premium seat but not a premium service. Of course it was my mistake as the booking staff would not have said it included the lounge.
12 years on and against my better judgement this was my 3rd attempt at Florida flights with AL. You all know how that has gone. I was about to book new flights after eventually getting both refunds, can you guess who with. All I can say is I will not be giving Aer Fungus a fourth try, I have just booked 8 premium economy flights Dublin to Orlando with United.
Good luck to anyone still waiting.
We fly with United all the time.They have a standard economy, economy plus, business class and first class from DUB to Orlando via Newark or Washington Dulles or Chicago. ie no direct flights.

The economy plus is the exact same as economy except you get about 4 to 6 inches more legroom.

Also, they codeshare with aer lingus, so you may end up on an al aircraft!

The way to know is to check the seat configuration.

If its 2 x 4 x 2 your on the AL airbus
If its 3 x 3 you're on the boeing 737

I know there was talk of a new 787 dreamliner but I thought this was operated by AL from AMsterdam to Newark?
so Dub to Amsterdam-with AL on airbus, then AMS to Newark on dreamliner, then United from Newark to MCO?

This is called a mixed cabin booking as only the dreamliner portion has premium economy.
The good news is you can upgrade and get united club access for about €50 per person

Just check it out.

just check.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Shkyler View Post
I had about 3 different case numbers but rang anyway and got my voucher within 5 hours. Enough is enough
I'm still waiting for my voucher but my return flight wasn't due until August and as the voucher is valid for 5 years FROM DATE OF ISSUE, I'm in no immediate hurry for it, so will sit tight and wait it out.

Glad most people are sorted but not impressed with AL at all and fully empathise with those of you still waiting. crazy.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
dac123
Getting Excited

Yes it is mixed cabin both ways, it is £645 return and it is a United flight via Newark
We are taking a chance with dates but any United flights we have done have been good and any flight problems have been well dealt with so if we have to push it back that's fine. AL economy was £800 for the same date, the direct flights are now not showing for that date only indirect.
DUB to EWR
Flight
UA 22
Aircraft type
Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner