Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Oct 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by TinksandFlynn View Post
We are currently booked at POR in a preferred room. However Caribbean beach is coming in at £1100 cheaper even if I sacrifice losing the deposit. Dilemma is we really love POR but I’m not convinced it will open back up. Disney may move us anyway to Caribbean if por stays closed and we would be paying more. Just don’t know what to do
The Disney booking, when they finally get the deal into their online pricing, includes the following guarantees:

- Money Back Guarantee: Cancel up to 7 days before travel for full refund (excluding flights)
- No Amendment Fees: When you change your holiday dates up to 7 days before travel

...so if POR did open up, you should have a decent chance of being able to switch over.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SloanRangers View Post
Hmm... Our dates in Sept fall outside this new offer and there are very few resorts showing any availability in any case. Only 8 resorts and most are expensive room categories.
Think we’ll stick with our current booking for now but it’s at POR which still has no opening date as yet.
Would be interested to know if anyone can report back that WDTC have allowed this offer to be added to a booking transferred from this year to next in case other offers come out later on?
Ours to, just called and told to call back in half an hour as their systems are updating and haven’t updated the new info as yet.
Will be interesting to see !
Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
davidh71
Trying for More Ears

Also told to call back. We are currently booked for three weeks with 21 day tickets, however the Cast Member I spoke to said we probably would not be able to change accommodation and keep our 21 day tickets, as they currently only have 14 day tickets available.
davidh71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
SoraX17
Helping Mickey

Just been on the Disney website, it shows free nights offer, 14 for 7 park tickets and 200 dollars gift card 😊
SoraX17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Does anyone know how the covid cover with ATD works for Disney hotel bookings? I can only seem to find details for how it works for tickets on their page
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by SoraX17 View Post
Just been on the Disney website, it shows free nights offer, 14 for 7 park tickets and 200 dollars gift card 😊
Yep - showing up now with price reductions and the extras.

14 nights in a Coronado Springs Tower Club Level room for £3,600 seems decent value, doesn't it?

Are club lounges open in this Covid-world?

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by derenstar View Post
Does anyone know how the covid cover with ATD works for Disney hotel bookings? I can only seem to find details for how it works for tickets on their page
I've got the answer via webchat in case anyone else wanted to know - cancel upto 5 days before travel for full refund. Think I might go with them
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by derenstar View Post
I've got the answer via webchat in case anyone else wanted to know - cancel upto 5 days before travel for full refund. Think I might go with them
Thank you I might go with them as well.

They are showing availability for standard rooms for Coronado Springs, whereas Disney is only showing for the tower club level rooms.
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
jemrock
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Firekat View Post
Participating Disney Moderate Resorts: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort (excluding Standard Rooms and Water/Pool View Rooms
Booo I'm booked in a standard 5th sleeper at CBR was hoping to add the offer.

Will have a look later to see if I can get anything better moving to a deluxe
Just to say that I know it says that in the exclusions but the website is letting you book the standard rooms on the deal - I've just done it and it states the gift card etc on my confirmation email so seems to have gone through okay.

Disney World Florida five times and counting!
jemrock is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Just emailed ATD to get my CBR booking changed as it's now significantly cheaper, and I need to adjust the dates slightly anyway.

Will see what they say.
Interestingly it seems CBR is not part of the deal, yet still seems to be a lot cheaper.

Might even move to CSR if that is even cheaper still.