Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Oct 20, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I notice yesterday BA pulled LGW TPA for the winter.
We have an open jaw from Gatwick out to Tampa back from Orlando for next summer so hope it’s just a short term thing.
If they move us to Orlando it’s not the end of the world anyway. We too prefer Gatwick but a out from Heathrow and back to Gatwick just means instead of hotel the night before at Gatwick plus Valet airport parking , gets switched to a private hire to and from the airport (for some reason a Mercedes van with chauffeur for either airport is cheaper than a local mini cab from my part of Kent).
If you check the BA timetable they haven't pulled LGW to TPA for the winter at the moment it is just for the month of November. From 1st December the TPA flight is scheduled 6 times a week the only day it isn't timetabled is a Wednesday. Of course, this is all subject to UK/USA travel restrictions and subject to change.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

We have booked indirect flights with United for next August. It was a very good price for premium econcomy so we decided to lock it in; especially as DH finds economy tough going for longer flights due to his height.

We can change the flight with no fee and receive a voucher to put towards another flight so if we need to, we will just re-schdule to the following year.

I also read that United are very good with refunds when flights are cancelled.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

i have booked whole package with Disney (first time doing this)...the flight was the same price as booking with BA independently (flight only )but i am still flying with them... i paid £150 deposit each adult, i need to pay balance 100 days before for cash back ..i can cancel the Disney part up until 8 days prior... only thing i cannot do is choose my seats until 24hrs before...however i guess i wouldnt want to add anything until i know its all happening...
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNikki
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I've booked direct flights with BA for next September. I booked an airport hotel with it which made it a package and I only had to pay a deposit, with the balance due 3 weeks before I go.
Hello thanks for the tip. I have checked in BA and even adding an airport hotel they are requiring full payment. How did you get the deposit option?

Thanks Nikki.
DisneyNikki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

I've booked direct flights with BA for next September. I booked an airport hotel with it which made it a package and I only had to pay a deposit, with the balance due 3 weeks before I go.
We have done this too-can’t remember the last time we booked anything that could be classed as a package but wasn’t prepared to pay full cost of flights with all the uncertainty.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyNikki View Post
Hello thanks for the tip. I have checked in BA and even adding an airport hotel they are requiring full payment. How did you get the deposit option?

Thanks Nikki.
You need to choose Customise Your Trip. You then get options for flights, hotel and car hire. I just chose the flights and hotel options.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

You need to choose Customise Your Trip. You then get options for flights, hotel and car hire. I just chose the flights and hotel options.
Make sure you go via wanting to book a flight and hotel in the customise your trip option. I went in to book a flight and then add a hotel and the same happened to me as you. Bizarrely if we had paid upfront it was a cheaper price but we didn’t want to risk it.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We have booked our california flights for next august with BA and added 2 of our hotels for the trip to make it a deposit only package. This year we had paid for the flights upfront and all of the hotels and it has been a nightmare! Luckily we only lost the money from one booking (last minute.com, won’t use them again) but it has made me book everything totally different this year with the package and all the other hotels on flexible rates even though it will cost more.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post

I have either booked with Avios points so they are refundable, or I booked a flight and airport hotel so that only deposit is required.

I might be willing to book a BA flight because of the voucher option, but I would not book anything through a third party - well that isn’t something I would have done in the past but considering how bad many (like Netflights) have been over refunds, I definitely would never do that now.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Priced up a Sep 21 BA Flydrive package. Reasonable but I just dont have confidence in current situation; Flights, Access to USA, Park experience etc. So in reality, its 2022, god willing.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List