Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Dec 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Snowball24 View Post
She liked Monopoly and chess up to about a month ago, hates going for walks unless if involves shopping lol
How about watching The Queen's Gambit together if she likes chess? We watched it with my son and it renewed his love of chess and is now playing again but online!
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Snowball, its a really difficult time when our lovely children grow up and suddenly dont want to spend time with us as much anymore, I really struggled with this last year, after a disastrous family holiday, where the kids came, but might as well not have. It made me question everything, who was I if I was no longer needed as mum anymore? I even questioned my marriage, as my DH was working away more than ever, and we also became distant. I had some counselling in the end, and it helped me understand its just a time of change and adjustment, I knew about empty nest syndrome but didnt realise it starts when they still live at home! I think it also coincides with menopause kicking in which doesnt help.
Things have got better, I have adjusted and thankfully DH and I appreciate each other more now. Also my eldest has come through the other side and now wants to see us daily (which sometimes I dont want! &#129315 youngest is still constantly in his room. Its a phase like all the other phases, and will pass x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Snowball24 View Post
At what age Evergreen, the 20's? Feel like I am mourning a bit for the time with them !
Exactly this, I felt I was mourning the days when they were little, and held my hand, and just came everywhere we did! It is sad, but we wouldn’t want them to live at home forever either... I certainly dont miss the laundry and food consumption now that eldest DS has moved out!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816

Edited at 02:14 PM.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Thanks Louise, your post is me exactly,
Snowball24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sparkles18 View Post
How about watching The Queen's Gambit together if she likes chess? We watched it with my son and it renewed his love of chess and is now playing again but online!
Would be good but she says she wants to watch stuff on her phone in her room by herself!
Snowball24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Ds is now 13 and spends a lot of time in his room. I’ve been through it before as eldest ds is 25. I don’t really mind at all. They all do it to some degree, they are just growing up and other things are becoming more important to them. I actually enjoy going to the shops etc on my own now and don’t forget, when they are in their rooms, you can watch what you like on the tv x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s so hard for teenagers at the moment that are missing friends, sports clubs and a lot of their structure. Fortunate that DD16 and DD19 both have local part time jobs in local supermarket which they love and gives them social interaction. Both our two spend time in their rooms but will also come and watch telly, play games and do other bits with us. DD has been helping me with a puzzle (She’s a lot quicker than me) and has also helped with baking.
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Yours are the same age as mine COL41, my 19 yr old ds has a part time job in a garden centre which he loves, its closed for now but he will be back in Jan. Dd wants to get something too.
My dd did help dh make some mince pies xmas eve but that took a bit of persuading, may just leave asking her to do things for a while and see if she volunteers it x
Old 29 Dec 20, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

DS14, DD12 and DD10 are quite happy to be in their rooms all day!

I do drag them out for walks with the dogs and when they are out, they do enjoy it.

It seemed easier in the summer as we were all out in the garden, really long walks etc but because of the weather, mine are more than happy to stay in and do nothing.

We do play card games and watch family movies but they would much prefer to be out with their friends, but circumstances just don't allow at the moment
Old 29 Dec 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

Might be worth seeing if anything she fancies baking with you? Has she got much homework to do? DD has some but is also making some study notes - only Y12 but knows her mock a levels albeit a year sassy, will be here before she knows it. It’s hard not to take it personally if keeping in their rooms but think we all need our own space x
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List