Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Jan 21, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Did I just hear Boris say no exams this year ? Or not all exams or something ?
Yes no exams.
Old 4 Jan 21, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Not all exams can go ahead is what he said and further information to come. He did not say no exams.

Will need to wait to see what they decide and announce.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Not all exams can go ahead is what he said and further information to come. He did not say no exams.

Will need to wait to see what they decide and announce.
I wonder how long it will take them to decide this time. Clarity is urgently needed.
Old 5 Jan 21, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

But why do want clarity right now? Surely it's best to continue working towards summer exams and find out closer to the time whether or not they go ahead and in what form? I've listened in to the start of a couple of Yr11 lessons today and the teachers have been absolutely fantastic, speaking in very assured tones about what is happening and what is expected of the child even though they had no more knowledge of the situation than I do.

I disagree that you need to know as a matter of urgency, you may want to know, but nobody knows how anything will be in 5 months time. Just keep on keeping on with the lessons and a positive attitude and try not to worry. The best you can do is be positive.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by archibald View Post
But why do want clarity right now? Surely it's best to continue working towards summer exams and find out closer to the time whether or not they go ahead and in what form? I've listened in to the start of a couple of Yr11 lessons today and the teachers have been absolutely fantastic, speaking in very assured tones about what is happening and what is expected of the child even though they had no more knowledge of the situation than I do.

I disagree that you need to know as a matter of urgency, you may want to know, but nobody knows how anything will be in 5 months time. Just keep on keeping on with the lessons and a positive attitude and try not to worry. The best you can do is be positive.
I think what is urgently required is some sort of communication that they have thought about how to award marks and that they won't wait until after the kids have their results day to put actual thought into it this year

Last year was brutal
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

We’re being told what is going to happen, tomorrow apparently.

Btecs are going ahead, but not GCSEs and A levels in their usual exam format?
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Very worried I have both year 11 & 13
Old 5 Jan 21, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
Very worried I have both year 11 & 13
I have a Y11 and my eldest was caught up in the fiasco last year. Worried too
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I worry about the motivation my DS in Year 11 will now have. His reports have always been good effort wise but he struggled to work from home during the last lockdown. Motivation just wasn’t there for him. He did some of his mocks just before Christmas. It’s going to be even harder to keep him engaged now he knows exams have been cancelled. I know he still needs to work hard so teachers can accurately assess his grades or whatever they are going to do. I worry that he won’t see the point. I’m currently telling him that the government might change their minds. Given the fact that they’ve already changed their minds on other issues - he’s currently buying it.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
I worry about the motivation my DS in Year 11 will now have. His reports have always been good effort wise but he struggled to work from home during the last lockdown. Motivation just wasn’t there for him. He did some of his mocks just before Christmas. It’s going to be even harder to keep him engaged now he knows exams have been cancelled. I know he still needs to work hard so teachers can accurately assess his grades or whatever they are going to do. I worry that he won’t see the point. I’m currently telling him that the government might change their minds. Given the fact that they’ve already changed their minds on other issues - he’s currently buying it.
I could have written this! My DS is exactly the same although he’s having to revise at the moment for a sports science exam that is still going ahead on Monday!

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List