Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jan 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Lpf
Dibbing with Tink

Easter 2022

We had to cancel our big 3 week biggest Florida holiday ever which was March 2020 - we were devastated. Originally re-planned for Easter 2022 but as it gets closer to thinking about booking (DIY) I don’t feel optimistic that things will be fairly normal (no masks, no SD, everything back up and running in the parks - I know some changes are here to stay though)

What are other people’s thoughts for 2022? I’m tempted to just leave it till 2023 but 3 years waiting for our holiday is so sad.
Easter 2023 in planning
Lpf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Laurap
I want to go now!

We’ve just cancelled feb 21 and am hoping for summer 22
We booked everything through Disney and really glad we did- made cancelling so much easier
Laurap is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Lpf
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Laurap View Post
We’ve just cancelled feb 21 and am hoping for summer 22
We booked everything through Disney and really glad we did- made cancelling so much easier
We would only do DIY because we want to stay off site and do other things but it made cancelling last time much harder so I’m loathed to go through it again.
Easter 2023 in planning
Lpf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We’re planning for Easter 2022 offsite. I’m not convinced everything will be back to as it was(who knows if it ever will be). But my kids are getting older and we want to go so will take things as we find them.

We were going to stay onsite when we’d booked for this summer but I’m have changed to offsite now as I feel like the on-site offering has changed too much. In addition the children seem so much bigger and we just need more space and privacy.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I think it is too early to make any deciding about 2022. You don’t need to book anything just yet so I would wait and see.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Im thinking Feb22, but holding off booking anything just yet. Villa we normally stay at isnt available so our default hotel will just be boked on free cancellation anyway. Not sure yet to add in New York or not.
Old 19 Jan 21, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Didgey
Serious Dibber

Is Easter crazy busy usually? We normally go March/sept so don’t want it to be crazy but now stuck with school holidays
Didgey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Didgey View Post
Is Easter crazy busy usually? We normally go March/sept so don’t want it to be crazy but now stuck with school holidays
Yes. Easter is crazy busy. But... it is still our favourite time of year. Planning is key. The weather is generally great... mid to high 20s and low humidity means it feels quite pleasant, so queuing and getting about is less of a chore. We felt that going in the mornings then chilling in the pool after 2pm before going out for dinner and maybe a park for fireworks was less draining than going at quieter, but hotter, more humid times of year.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Didgey
Serious Dibber

Thanks that really helps.
Didgey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We went Easter 2017 for our first visit. It is busy but I think it was manageable with good planning. The weather for the first few days was very hot but then it cooled down and was pleasant. We’re aiming to go at Easter 2022.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List