Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Old 17 Jan 21, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
This one makes me smile our sons wedding in Vegas date changed 3 times so DH sister in law could beat cancer and be there she’s Alan’s God Mother she’d just finished her last round of chemo the wedding was what kept her going
Lovely picture xxx
Old 17 Jan 21, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

ChrisS I keep telling you we can shock you anytime you like just s you could make me take my wellies off to walk on a beach ( you know we don’t spend all our time in the parks )
H
Helen, you'd like SW Fl, particularly Pine Island, just afore you go over Matlacha bridge this sign greets you

It speaks volumes about the island. Below are photo's that'll show why we love being on Bokeelia. There's a fab salt water, heated pool, boat trips with an abundance of wildlife, esp dolphin, superb sunsets from Pineland Marina for the first 10 weeks or so, before heading to watch Bokeelia sunsets (and green flash sunsets too) until we leave in May. We rarely come away from 'island time', no need, we have Winn Dixie, a CVS, and the sun and warmth... oh man, I'm torturing myself here!

Matlacha, the start of the island...

Island pool...

Pineland sunset at Randall Pier...

Bokeelia Pier sunset...

Bokeelia, far north of the island, two thunderstorms...

Capt CJ heading out into the Gulf, his catch of fresh shrimp will be available the following morn, delicious...

St James City far south of the island...

Bokeelia 'green flash' as the sun sets on the water...

St James City Galt Preserve...

Paradise found...

Old 17 Jan 21, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I know we would but me and sand well I suppose I can play the excentric Brit andwear my wellies on the beach
I must have been the only person on the beach in wellies when the last shuttle went up
I’d a sun dress and wellies I just can’t stand sand on my feet this year we are picking you up and then chucking you out on the island that’s for sure
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Helen, you'd like SW Fl, particularly Pine Island, just afore you go over Matlacha bridge this sign greets you

It speaks volumes about the island. Below are photo's that'll show why we love being on Bokeelia. There's a fab salt water, heated pool, boat trips with an abundance of wildlife, esp dolphin, superb sunsets from Pineland Marina for the first 10 weeks or so, before heading to watch Bokeelia sunsets (and green flash sunsets too) until we leave in May. We rarely come away from 'island time', no need, we have Winn Dixie, a CVS, and the sun and warmth... oh man, I'm torturing myself here!

Matlacha, the start of the island...

Island pool...

Pineland sunset at Randall Pier...

Bokeelia Pier sunset...

Bokeelia, far north of the island, two thunderstorms...

Capt CJ heading out into the Gulf, his catch of fresh shrimp will be available the following morn, delicious...

St James City far south of the island...

Bokeelia 'green flash' as the sun sets on the water...

St James City Galt Preserve...

Paradise found...

Just the most amazing photos
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
I agree they are beautiful
Old 18 Jan 21, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

I know we would but me and sand well I suppose I can play the excentric Brit andwear my wellies on the beach
I must have been the only person on the beach in wellies when the last shuttle went up
I’d a sun dress and wellies I just can’t stand sand on my feet this year we are picking you up and then chucking you out on the island that’s for sure
Actually Helen we rarely go on sand except when out on the boat and anchor up at Upper Captiva and walk thro to the Gulf side. We much prefer the pool than the beach as my skin gets too dry, I can fresh water rinse off at the pool for lunch, then back in the pool, at days end we have a full shower in the changing rooms - our 6 month pool membership is $48pp, works out to around 35c a day as we use it nigh on 5 days a week!
Old 18 Jan 21, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Thank you BB and Sandra - you can see why we've never tired of Pine Island in the 10 years we've spent there. Being home this winter due to covid and my heath has been a shock, in particular because we're so high up here that we've had two massive amounts of snow with another lot due the end of next week too. I have to stop thinking, 'we'd be in the pool' or 'out on the water' now, it's not healthy. This is the first time we've seen snow since 2009!
Old 18 Jan 21, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Now we are talking if the only sand that is involved is when Ian gets in a bunker at the golf
It’s a childhood lingering memory of sand in the sandwiches things floating in the sea etc
My other siblings love the beach as Mum did me and Da it was for us both and now just me watching our family boats come in and best of all watching the sun go down and eating piping hot just off the racks from the family smoke house smokies on the beach eaten from newspaper with fingers best food in the world it really is
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
sassysar
Apprentice Imagineer

sassysar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My view at work on Friday morning
sassysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
badmousewife
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Agreed. Stunning photos. I would quite like to spend winters there, it must be amazing. Hope you get to be there next winter ChrisS.
badmousewife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List