Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jan 21, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by may View Post
I know instinct is often right but I couldn't feel comfortable relying on that alone.I would want actual concrete evidence that this man had done any of these things such as the video footage others have suggested.Even then I couldn't be totally certain that it was his intention to hurt my dog rather than deter rats or defecating cats. Ultimately, I would be confident that no harm could come to my dog because I naturally wouldn't be allowing it near that strip unsupervised and consequently I wouldn't think it worth risking conflict with a near neighbour. However it has to be said that I am a natural born wuss :-)
I get what you are saying .
To be honest last year when I
Seen the spiked broken bottles I didn’t think about my dog really I thought about the
Neighbourhood cats that are regularly around and wondered why didn’t he think of that. Why wouldn’t anyone think hold on glass is a deterrent as an animal won’t see the glass and think uh-oh best not step there or I will
Rip my paw open. No it’s too late and it’s meant to hurt or injure 😕 a deterrent to a human perhaps climbing over a high wall but not an animal.

I will actually ask him or his wife outright if they knew anything about it .

I think it’s him that’s risking conflict with a (good) neighbour not me .

Edited at 09:20 AM.
scottishmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

I think you are getting a bit too upset at the replies that disagree with your stance when we are only trying to be helpful in pointing out but could be someone else or not intentional.

Imagine if you report this to the police? There is absolutely no evidence this.l man has done anything wrong. They would tell you this quite clearly.

Yes he snapped at you about the flowers but you have no idea why or who sent the flowers. Bit like your reply to the new fence.

You seem to be collecting instances going back 9 years.

No I don't no this man, as I don't know you. He may be completely rational.amd think you are being irrational.

Speak to all your neighbours. Put up a camera and take a big breathe. This is clearly upsetting you more than it probably would.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
I think you are getting a bit too upset at the replies that disagree with your stance when we are only trying to be helpful in pointing out but could be someone else or not intentional.

Imagine if you report this to the police? There is absolutely no evidence this.l man has done anything wrong. They would tell you this quite clearly.

Yes he snapped at you about the flowers but you have no idea why or who sent the flowers. Bit like your reply to the new fence.

You seem to be collecting instances going back 9 years.

No I don't no this man, as I don't know you. He may be completely rational.amd think you are being irrational.

Speak to all your neighbours. Put up a camera and take a big breathe. This is clearly upsetting you more than it probably would.

I know it was their anniversary re the flowers as I bought them a bottle of wine on that day a few years ago when it was mentioned as we were going shopping when the wife told me so yes I knew it was so wishes him happy anniversary after going out my house and taking them to their door.

Sorry not sure what you mean about my reply to my new fence ? Of course am not going to the police .

I’m not upset in the slightest I’m just probably justifying what I feel that people are being negative to me when I clearly “know “ this man .

Edited at 09:56 PM.
scottishmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The fella sounds like a right nutter. I would do the following...

1. Get CCTV urgently, before talking to neighbour - Do not put this off, cost no more than couple hundred quid.
2. Gather evidence either physical such as traps, glass, etc or CCTV film. Don’t throw evidence away, keep it.
3. Contact council and police if there is evidence.
4. Keep away from them if possible. Just nod or quick hello and move on.

Good luck
Old 18 Jan 21, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs rcch
Imagineer

How old is the man ? Could he have early onset dementia ? Hence his behaviour is changing, and maybe the family don’t understand or are fed up of his behaviour, and to keep the peace at home she agrees with whatever he is saying 🤷 You see it as something totally different 🤷
mrs rcch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CAD View Post
I suppose it's one of those "pick your fights carefully" and with everything going on in the world we could all do without stress.
This is some of the best advice anyone can give
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
I get what you are saying .
To be honest last year when I
Seen the spiked broken bottles I didn’t think about my dog really I thought about the
Neighbourhood cats that are regularly around and wondered why didn’t he think of that. Why wouldn’t anyone think hold on glass isn’t a deterrent as an animal won’t see the glass and think uh-oh beat not step there or I will
Rip my paw open. No it’s too late and it’s meant to hurt or injure 😕 a deterrent to a human perhaps climbing over a high wall but not an animal.

I will actually ask him or his wife outright if they knew anything about it .

I think it’s him that’s risking conflict with a (good) neighbour not me .
I agree with you .
Putting down broken glass and a rat trap is not a “deterrent” the clue is in the name “trap” and like you said , cats /dogs won’t see broken glass so will easily injure themselves.
All these excuses that “maybe he is this, or that” maybe he is just not a nice person, like op
says ?
Not everyone has to have some underlying mental health issue, some are just people who dislike animals intensely, I have sadly seen this many a time when I volunteered with a rescue .
Get some video evidence if you can and if he does it again contact the council and collect the glass/ trap as safely as you can .
Good luck .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

I think you are not being rational about this situation.

You are not happy with anyone who disagrees with you, but that’s what will happen on a public forum, that’s why you post to collect a range of views.

You remember their anniversary as she mentioned it three year ago in passing, that’s a bit odd.

And if you distrust him so much why are you wishing him a happy anniversary?

The wife is never going to agree with you, she will just tell him what you have accused and things are going to her a whole lot worse, weather it’s him or not.

You need to take a big breath, calm down, install the camera and raise any further issues with the rest of the residents in the block, I don’t think it’s advisable to tackle this guy alone.

Edited at 09:26 AM.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
I think you are not being rational about this situation.

You are not happy with anyone who disagrees with you, but that’s what will happen on a public forum, that’s why you post to collect a range of views.

You remember their anniversary as she mentioned it three year ago in passing, that’s a bit odd.

And if you distrust him so much why are you wishing him a happy anniversary?

The wife is never going to agree with you, she will just tell him what you have accused and things are going to her a whole lot worse, weather it’s him or not.

You need to take a big breath, calm down, install the camera and raise any further issues with the rest of the residents in the block, I don’t think it’s advisable to tackle this guy alone.

Wow just wow,
I wished him Happy Anniversary because that’s who I Am ,

Again wow about the anniversary are you accusing me of making that up .? Just wow.

I remember it because it’s the anniversary of my mother in law passing away .

Edited at 09:53 AM.
Old 19 Jan 21, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
The fella sounds like a right nutter. I would do the following...

1. Get CCTV urgently, before talking to neighbour - Do not put this off, cost no more than couple hundred quid.
2. Gather evidence either physical such as traps, glass, etc or CCTV film. Don’t throw evidence away, keep it.
3. Contact council and police if there is evidence.
4. Keep away from them if possible. Just nod or quick hello and move on.

Good luck
Thank you.