Notices

Old 8 Oct 22, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

The BIG Florida Wedding - Orlando, Anna Maria Island & Hilton Head Island - August/Sept 2022

Hello and welcome to a brand new trip report from our epic 3 week holiday to Florida and South Carolina
We spent a week in Orlando, a week on Anna Maria Island where we got married, 1 night in Sawgrass, 5 nights on Hilton Head Island and 1 night in St Augustine so it's fair to say we covered some ground!

You can read all about our plans and who we are in my pre trip report HERE

Travel Days - Premier Inn Gatwick North Terminal, BA Club Lounge, London Gatwick to Tampa flying Club, Formosa Gardens villa

Day 1 - Animal Kingdom & Millers Ale House

Day 2 - First Watch, Premium Outlets shopping with Mum & takeout from Millers

Day 3 - Cracker Barrel, Boggy Creek Airboat Ride & Texas Roadhouse

Day 4 - Magic Kingdom, Denny’s, Trader Sam’s @ Polynesian, Enchantment Fireworks

Day 5 - Celebration, Town Tavern, Mall @ Millenia, meeting Sparksy72 and family @ Jock Lindsay’s Hangar Bar

Day 6 - Hollywood Studios, Disney Springs & villa

Day 7 - Change hire car @ MCO, Drive to AMI, Oak Ave house & Rod and Reel Pier

Day 8 - Ginny & Jane’s, Exploring Pine Ave & The Ugly Grouper

Day 9 - Get Marriage License, Nails, Relax & Slim’s

Day 10 part 1 - Sunrise @ AMI City Pier, Nails (again!) and Kayaking

Day 10 part 2 - WEDDING @ The Sandbar

Day 11 - Kayaking, Rod and Reel Pier, Beach, Gulf Drive Cafe & Mini golf @ The Fish Hole

Day 12 - Boat hire on Tampa Bay, Kayaking, Pine Ave shopping, Chill & takeout from Harry’s

Day 13 - Sunrise @ Rod and Reel Pier, Manatees @ Palma Sola Blvd, Bridge St, Sunset @ Coquina Beach & Bridge Tender Inn

Day 14 - Ellenton Premium Outlets, taking kids and saying goodbye @ Tampa airport, Micanopy, drive to Sawgrass & Hilton Garden Inn

Day 15 - Jim @ golf, shopping in Jacksonville, Drive to Hilton Head Island & Palmetto Dunes condo

Day 16 - Hilton Head Diner, Explore Palmetto Dunes, The Dunes House & Jim’n Nick’s BBQ

Day 17 - Jim @ golf HarbourTown, Target, Tanger Outlets & San Miguels

Day 18 - Hire bikes, Shelter Cove, Chill, Skull Creek Boathouse

Day 19 - Jim @ golf, Pinckney Island National Refuge, shopping, Big Jim’s BBQ, explore Hilton Head Disney Resort & Top Dawg Tavern

Day 20 - The Funky Brunch Cafe, Explore Savannah, Drive to St Augustine, Renaissance Inn & Michael’s Steakhouse

Day 21 - Exploring St Augustine, Drive to Orlando, travel home MCO-LGW

Highs and niggles from our epic 3 week holiday

IG - alicialanesmith

Edited at 08:19 PM.
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 22, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Travel Days posted!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 22, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Just spotted your index. I've been so busy it hasn't left any time for browsing on here and no time for writing my own trip report, but I'm keen to try and get a better balance back. Only one more week of school until half term, so I'll save your travel day to read when I've got more time.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 22, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Official congratulations! Loved all the photos on insta, I’m going to read when it is all complete….no pressure! (That goes for Abby’s report too)
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 22, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Official congratulations! Loved all the photos on insta, I’m going to read when it is all complete….no pressure! (That goes for Abby’s report too)
At the rate I'm going you've got a long wait! Lol 😂 I've got a plan to write and post a day every day of half term! There's no way I'll actually manage to do that but it's something to aim for.

Xx

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 22, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Just spotted your index. I've been so busy it hasn't left any time for browsing on here and no time for writing my own trip report, but I'm keen to try and get a better balance back. Only one more week of school until half term, so I'll save your travel day to read when I've got more time.
Hey Abby! Please don’t apologise I totally get it, I’m not sure what month it is let alone day of the week at the moment 🥴
When did life get so busy? I used to be able to read so many trip reports and now I barely have time to read one!
I hope you are all well though? Xx

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 16 Oct 22, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Thank you! Oh wow, you may be waiting a while 😂. Once this training is over I’ll have so much more time on my hands. I seriously underestimated how intense this course was going to be but I’m 3 weeks in with another 3 to go 🙌 xx

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 16 Oct 22, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Thank you! Oh wow, you may be waiting a while 😂. Once this training is over I’ll have so much more time on my hands. I seriously underestimated how intense this course was going to be but I’m 3 weeks in with another 3 to go 🙌 xx
Are you enjoying it? Do you know when you will get your first flight?
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 22, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Are you enjoying it? Do you know when you will get your first flight?
I’ve just had my first roster which makes it all seem very real! I’ve got a Malaga there and back, a 3 day New York and a 3 day Houston so not bad for my first month 😀
I’m really enjoying it which really helps, the group are all a fantastic bunch too, a real mix of characters and ages!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 22 Oct 22, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Day 1 added!

IG - alicialanesmith

Edited at 09:28 PM.