Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Oct 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Different colour interior doors to frames

Hi,
All our skirting, door frames etc are stained dark - walnut, our window frames are dark brown UPVC, it wouldn’t be my choice but tbh I can’t be bothered to spend the time or money changing them as there are a lot. The doors are also stained very dark it really saps the light out of the hallway. Has anyone got or seen light coloured doors with dark frames and what does it look like?
I’ve checked on Pinterest and most pictures are the other way, white frame, coloured door.
Any opinions on whether painting the door lighter would help lighten the hallway or just look silly?

Thanks
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Could you paint the frames white. We have light oak doors and white frames - looks well. To me all wood is too much.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Umm tricky one, because if you paint one and don’t like it then it is hard to change back. Could you paint the inside of the airing cupboard? Afraid we have same as tspill - oak doors and everything else white. We have no windows in the landing donut is dark, dh is looking at replacing the loft hatch (nothing in loft) with a light panel set with daylight bulbs, could you do something like that? Or just mirrors to reflect light? Hope you find something that works
Old 12 Oct 20, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Originally Posted by tspill View Post
Could you paint the frames white. We have light oak doors and white frames - looks well. To me all wood is too much.
Thanks, I have thought about that but the whole house is stained wood, where do you stop and start - I think doing the whole house would kill me!
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

I don't see why it wouldn't work, Black/white contrast is very on trend at the moment, here is an example of black wood and white door, I really like it.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
Umm tricky one, because if you paint one and don’t like it then it is hard to change back. Could you paint the inside of the airing cupboard? Afraid we have same as tspill - oak doors and everything else white. We have no windows in the landing donut is dark, dh is looking at replacing the loft hatch (nothing in loft) with a light panel set with daylight bulbs, could you do something like that? Or just mirrors to reflect light? Hope you find something that works
Thanks, actually that’s a good idea about the airing cupboard door as I have checked and I can just about step in and close it to see the full effect my dh will think I’m mad he sees no issue.
Sadly it’s not suitable for light panel as downstairs in middle of house, my friend has those light tubes in her bungalow, they’re brilliant!
Old 12 Oct 20, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsEgg View Post
I don't see why it wouldn't work, Black/white contrast is very on trend at the moment, here is an example of black wood and white door, I really like it.
Yes I like that now to convince dh
We’ve never been on trend and are rubbish at interiors, we’re not naturally stylish!