Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Oct 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Figment089
VIP Dibber

What is everyone doing about flights?

For those booking for next summer...

I have been pricing up next august, last 2 weeks. Some really good flight prices at the moment looking at Netflights.
Around £1300 for a family of four in school holidays!

This is indirect with AA from London (Gatwick going, Heathrow on return)

It's £20 to add on airline failure protection.

Would you go for this or are people waiting for things to be more certain and waiting to book next year?

Ido have annual durance via my Halifax bank but Im unsure I would be covered with the current FCO advice in place

Anyone have any experience of AA / Netflights with dealing with cancellation and refunds?

Thank you

POFQ - Nov 2013
POFQ - May 2016
POR / RPR - Oct 2017
ASMu - Aug 2022
POFQ - Aug 2023
ASMu / AKV - Nov 2024
New DVC owner at AKV
Figment089 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I've booked direct flights with BA for next September. I booked an airport hotel with it which made it a package and I only had to pay a deposit, with the balance due 3 weeks before I go.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Holly's-mummy View Post
For those booking for next summer...

I have been pricing up next august, last 2 weeks. Some really good flight prices at the moment looking at Netflights.
Around £1300 for a family of four in school holidays!

This is indirect with AA from London (Gatwick going, Heathrow on return)

It's £20 to add on airline failure protection.

Would you go for this or are people waiting for things to be more certain and waiting to book next year?

Ido have annual durance via my Halifax bank but Im unsure I would be covered with the current FCO advice in place

Anyone have any experience of AA / Netflights with dealing with cancellation and refunds?

Thank you
AA don't serve Gatwick so you may find the flight is a codeshare operated by BA - so worth checking that out. Also check if the fare is hand baggage only or is hold baggage included?

Edited at 12:57 PM.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Donnalou36
VIP Dibber

Mobile

All booked for August next year with virgin direct from Heathrow. Can’t wait now.
Donnalou36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

You asked if people have had experience of how Netflights deal with cancellations and refunds.
We booked with them to go in September this year and flights were obviously cancelled
Their service? Absolutely woeful! It even got to the point where despite the fact that the flights had been cancelled they ummed and aahhed about giving a refund as they had to get 'permission' first even though it showed on all their records!
Personally will never use them again
Old 18 Oct 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Figment089
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Geordie Al View Post
You asked if people have had experience of how Netflights deal with cancellations and refunds.
We booked with them to go in September this year and flights were obviously cancelled
Their service? Absolutely woeful! It even got to the point where despite the fact that the flights had been cancelled they ummed and aahhed about giving a refund as they had to get 'permission' first even though it showed on all their records!
Personally will never use them again
Thank you

POFQ - Nov 2013
POFQ - May 2016
POR / RPR - Oct 2017
ASMu - Aug 2022
POFQ - Aug 2023
ASMu / AKV - Nov 2024
New DVC owner at AKV
Figment089 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I’m booked with AA direct through their website .
We started with flights for this September , which we then changed to next May at no cost , yesterday I changed them again to August , again no cost to change just the fare difference so we are now flying BA direct both ways (using the AA codeshare) But back in premium economy for an extra £60 pp.
Changing is quick and easy and they are open 24 hours a day ,
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
chickeninabun
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We have flights booked for August 2021, direct with BA, Gatwick to MCO. Also booked car hire with them, so just paid deposit. There was some slightly cheaper deals via Philly but I don't want the hassle of changing. I certainly wouldn't be going out of LGW and back to LHR, but that's just my personal preference.

chickeninabun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
have booked ours for next sept using virgin and reward points. can always move or cancel them for £30 per person if we need to
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chickeninabun View Post
We have flights booked for August 2021, direct with BA, Gatwick to MCO. Also booked car hire with them, so just paid deposit. There was some slightly cheaper deals via Philly but I don't want the hassle of changing. I certainly wouldn't be going out of LGW and back to LHR, but that's just my personal preference.
I notice yesterday BA pulled LGW TPA for the winter.
We have an open jaw from Gatwick out to Tampa back from Orlando for next summer so hope it’s just a short term thing.
If they move us to Orlando it’s not the end of the world anyway. We too prefer Gatwick but a out from Heathrow and back to Gatwick just means instead of hotel the night before at Gatwick plus Valet airport parking , gets switched to a private hire to and from the airport (for some reason a Mercedes van with chauffeur for either airport is cheaper than a local mini cab from my part of Kent).
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List