Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jan 21, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post

lack of british accents ( if the posts on here are anything to go by ) while we are in the GF or Poly enjoying the pool
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

As I said on another thread we are DVC so not your typical holidaymaker to WDW with usually 2 trips a year, no interest in dining plan, nearly always have a car, like to eat off site often and get free parking. We also do rope drops and latest I’ve ever been out was to watch the fireworks and that is a push, so evening extra magic hours don’t bother me. In fact having thought about it more, being able to go in any park 30 mins early may be even better. My DVC immediately in my opinion became worth even more as many more people will now drive or hire cars and will want the free parking.

Like Tom said on another post, Disney won’t particularly like us, as we don’t buy souvenirs, don’t spend vast amounts on food and as to up charge events - forget it. I saw this coming and knew that we would not be that desirable and so wanted to lock in good prices which is why I bought DVC. Even in the pandemic it’s a good deal, I’ve had to cancel trips but my excess points have rented out within days. In normal times if you put points up for rental they can be gone in hours. The new changes will mean free parking looks better than ever for renters.

However, I like to think about others maybe not having the advantages we do and suffering. To be frank, I do not like these changes at all.

Disney has in usual times a demand problem. I’m convinced this is in large part because of social media where anyone googling now has websites, Facebook groups, forums, YouTube videos etc. All of this makes WDW seem incredibly desirable, and somewhat fashionable now to visit. There’s also a play on nostalgia and escape.

Disney have a whole department who crunch numbers usually and use predictive analytics before these decisions are usually made. They are such World leaders in data analytics and predictives they even held a conference there about it a few years ago. I strongly suspect this has all been done here. This is why they survey everything.

They think they can do this and increase profits, it’s that simple. They will have worked out from Magic Band data that in fact, putting on a bus to keep people in the bubble, does not make them more money. If it did, they would not cut it.

They will lose some customers. Free Dining may or may not come back, but as I’ve said before the monicker free dining means nothing - it’s the cost that is relevant and we have seen it shoot up even before this. Now no bus, no evening hours with instead upcharge events which are very detrimental to UK guests, no Magic Bands and possibly no free dining plan.

Personally I think the amazing deals on free dining are gone for the Brits, we may get free dining but the costs and extra add on is high so it’s not comparable to free dining deals of old. Disney will realise they make more money out of the 3-5 day US tripper throwing money about like it’s going out of fashion, loading the car up with cheap Chinese made tat, eating overpriced food paying ridiculous up charges for things such as Cabanas and parties and frankly we can suck it up or vote with our feet.

It’s better to charge $100 and sell 10 then charge $10 and sell 100 as costs always scale to supply and margin always decreases.

Edited at 09:20 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List