Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jan 21, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Netflights have cancelled my flights...

Omg, please help me calm down.

We've had a long winded booking, started as a Netflights flydrive which they ticketed for me so we could upgrade to PE with miles. Through covid cancellations etc. more changes were made to the booking which ended up with Virgin taking some control (but always maintaining that if we ever wanted to fully cancel and get a refund, it would be Netflights place to sort that). We had a complete nightmare with booking Glasgow flights only for them to be cancelled literally the next morning etc. so its been a pain all the way.

When our March flights were cancelled, we moved to October and got a good deal in the sale, the agent for Virgin was amazing and we ended up paying £1k extra cash to go to PE, having our PE miles refunded and using vouchers Virgin gave us to upgrade to Upper, perfect seats in 2's in the middle of the new interior plane which is ideal.

I emailed NF a few days ago to ask if there was a way to have the car hire only refunded, I specifically said this is for the car only, please don't touch the flights! Hadn't heard back yet.

Logged on yesterday as I do and the whole thing was gone, tried searching... nothing there, I thought maybe it was a glitch. Tried again this morning and still the same. Tweeted Virgin who advised me that Netflights removed the flights yest and they can't reinstate them unless Netflights add back the same bucket as before. Its such a mess though as now Virgin PE flights are £1500pp and we paid just over £760pp inc taxes for upper (plus the vouchers) so what will happen if NF add the econ seats as per the original booking?

I'm waiting on NF to call me back, she was away to speak to her manager. She could see our 13th March flight still, not the October ones so maybe it was cancelled due to the date but surely the systems should have updated with our new Oct dates (changed the day March was cancelled) as it did when we moved to March.

I'm lost I was so excited to have Upper.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I’m sorry to hear this, I’m sure it’ll all be fine after all it’s NF fault & you have written proof in your email that you only asked for a refund of car hire.

Good luck fingers crossed it’s sorted soon, it’s an awful worry for you 💕💕xxx
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
I’m sorry to hear this, I’m sure it’ll all be fine after all it’s NF fault & you have written proof in your email that you only asked for a refund of car hire.

Good luck fingers crossed it’s sorted soon, it’s an awful worry for you 💕💕xxx
Thank you. Seems like what's happened is nothing to do with the car hire.

When Virgin changed our flights to the October rather than the cancelled March, they apparently updated the info but didnt get them ticketed in time so they ended up cancelled... that's what NF have said anyway. Which come to think of it makes no sense as they were ticketed. The Virgin agent pushed through our PE tickets in order to apply the upper upgrade. Honestly I'm clueless, this holiday is destined to never happen!
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List