Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 15 Jan 21, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Cophall car parking LGW is in administration.

I've had an ongoing correspondence with Cophall since the Summer when our 2020 flights were cancelled and I cancelled our parking at LGW.

They promised a refund but stated that they were so busy with refunds that it would take some time. Fair enough. The amount isn't massive so I only chased them up every 2 to 3 months, with the same reply.

Last night I did the same and have been told they have been in administration since November. This is the first time I've been told this. They're referring to getting a voucher for 18 months, but we're not going from LGW in that time. They've also attached a claim form, but I'm unlikely to get a full refund.

Apparently continued trading is common in administration, but I'm posting this as I don't want any Dibbers falling foul of this situation. I do wish them well in this awful financial situation.

The cost of the parking was less than £100 so I might not be covered for a reclaim. I can't remember at the moment if I paid with credit card. I'll give the bank a call. In any case it's not the end of the world from my point of view.

Edited at 09:50 AM.
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Mm, not good news but thanks for posting this.

Hope you get it sorted.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Mm, not good news but thanks for posting this.

Hope you get it sorted.
Thanks Tom.
Old 19 Jan 21, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Ask to do a chargeback on your card, you should be covered on that even if under £100.

You have 6 months from when the service was due to happen (not date of transaction) to make the chargeback.

It's worth a go!
Old 19 Jan 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Such a shame, we have used them often with great service each time. Businesses do still trade while in administration, its the administrators job to try and steamline a business to make it a sucess again, or deal with the sale if that is not possible
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
Ask to do a chargeback on your card, you should be covered on that even if under £100.

You have 6 months from when the service was due to happen (not date of transaction) to make the chargeback.

It's worth a go!
Many thanks. I'll give it a try.
Old 20 Jan 21, 01:21 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
Such a shame, we have used them often with great service each time. Businesses do still trade while in administration, its the administrators job to try and steamline a business to make it a sucess again, or deal with the sale if that is not possible
Yes we used them before and they were really good. Hopefully they'll turn a corner.
Old 20 Jan 21, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
thealienwarrior
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post

It's worth a go!
Sorry for the problems you are going through OP. So annoying when this happens and you are not advised. Often means when you find out, it is too late to be able to do anything.

In reagrds to claiming back the payment, if the payment has already been made on a Visa debit card, the only way to reclaim this is by lodging a dispute.

Unless things have changed in the last 12 months, which I do not believe they have, Visa can only raise a dispute up to a maximum of 180 days from the date the transaction was debited. This means, if you have hit 181 days or more, any dispute will be automatically declined and there is no further recourse available from your card provider.

Whilst you have stated you believe amount you paid was below £100, this is why I make any purchase over £100 on a Visa credit card as there are insurances on Visa backed credit cards that are not applicable to their debit cards.

The bank I worked in only worked with Visa, so I do not know if these same restrictions apply to Mastercard, Switch, or Amex etc.

Edited at 12:04 AM.
thealienwarrior is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by thealienwarrior View Post
Sorry for the problems you are going through OP. So annoying when this happens and you are not advised. Often means when you find out, it is too late to be able to do anything.

In reagrds to claiming back the payment, if the payment has already been made on a Visa debit card, the only way to reclaim this is by lodging a dispute.

Unless things have changed in the last 12 months, which I do not believe they have, Visa can only raise a dispute up to a maximum of 180 days from the date the transaction was debited. This means, if you have hit 181 days or more, any dispute will be automatically declined and there is no further recourse available from your card provider.

Whilst you have stated you believe amount you paid was below £100, this is why I make any purchase over £100 on a Visa credit card as there are insurances on Visa backed credit cards that are not applicable to their debit cards.

The bank I worked in only worked with Visa, so I do not know if these same restrictions apply to Mastercard, Switch, or Amex etc.
Thanks very much for this information. Very helpful.
Old 22 Jan 21, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Just contacted the bank and it was a non credit card transaction. The time limits have expired, but due to the circumstances the bank very kindly offered to pay me the cost of the parking. Needless to say I'm delighted with the bank's service.