Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jan 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Can everyone please stop moving to Christmas.

It’s too busy as it is without half the bleeding dibb their😂😂

We don’t move out the villa on Christmas Day, it’s the one day I refuse to go anywhere!
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney45
slightly serious Dibber

I have booked discovery cove for Xmas day the girls keep asking to go back but we said no, so it will be a big surprise on Xmas morning for then. Now just hoping the flight price drop a bit to get our flights changed 🤞🏻
2019 dibb villa @ watersong & Hardrock Hotel
2017 Terra Verde villa & CSR
2016 Sapphire Falls & PORS
2015 All Stars Music
2014 Sol Costa Dorada, Salou
2013 POFQ
Disney45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney45 View Post
We have done the same moved our end of June booking till xmas just waiting for flights to get released to change them with BA. We have never been at that time of year so will be a change from the usual July heat !
BA Xmas flights are already released
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Memories4You
slightly serious Dibber

We’ve sort of got a tentative plan of getting into MK for the early resort guest entry (think it’s now 30 minutes before) doing the fp rides, then heading out to do the monorail resort loop by lunchtime.NYE night we were thinking of spending time on the Boardwalk and watching the EPCOT fireworks from there. I’m also hoping that WDW won’t be running at full capacity still but only time will tell on that one.
Memories4You is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Dom and Sarah
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We’ve just moved ours for the third time to Christmas too, the Dibb Clan are taking over Florida...

We are going on 15th December to the 29th December, which will cover two birthdays as well. We also added another person, so that means 8 of us going now (and now 2 cars). We thought the price would sky rocket, but it was £600 extra as our tour provider allegedly had a COVID insurance in place that allowed for discount moving dates. We also had a Villa upgrade to The Abbey in Westhaven. We’ve also gone to Disney in the summer, never winter so this will be a very different holiday...
Dom and Sarah is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney45
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
BA Xmas flights are already released
Yea our return date got released today but flights sitting at near £900pp so holding out hoping they drop a bit. We need connecting flights from Scotland. So our options are limited a bit 😫
2019 dibb villa @ watersong & Hardrock Hotel
2017 Terra Verde villa & CSR
2016 Sapphire Falls & PORS
2015 All Stars Music
2014 Sol Costa Dorada, Salou
2013 POFQ
Disney45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Where are you planning to spend the day?

OP Christmas is magical but extraordinarily busy in normal times. We like to focus on booking a few key rides in advance and then enjoy the atmosphere / shows / parades / decorations (some of the disney hotels really go to town!)

We like the Candelight Processional (if it’s on) and the various Xmas touches everywhere

Nye is amazing in Epcot.
Thanks for the info!

We would like to do MK for a couple of hours (I know is going to be crazy busy) Have also heard the Liberty Tree Tavern is a good place to eat on Christmas Day so I wouldn't mind having lunch there. Don't want to be in MK too long though so can you access the park later if you have an ADR? I can't remember if they still let you in even if the park is at capacity? We'll want to do presents in the morning for the kids so won't be there at the crack of dawn.

Other than that we just plan to enjoy the resort (we'll be at Copper Creek) so we'll probably have chill time around the pool etc and then snack later.

I'll Google the Candlelight Processional!
Old 17 Jan 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Thanks for the info!

We would like to do MK for a couple of hours (I know is going to be crazy busy) Have also heard the Liberty Tree Tavern is a good place to eat on Christmas Day so I wouldn't mind having lunch there. Don't want to be in MK too long though so can you access the park later if you have an ADR? I can't remember if they still let you in even if the park is at capacity? We'll want to do presents in the morning for the kids so won't be there at the crack of dawn.

Other than that we just plan to enjoy the resort (we'll be at Copper Creek) so we'll probably have chill time around the pool etc and then snack later.

I'll Google the Candlelight Processional!
We’ve done LTT on Christmas Day but it was years ago so might have changed! The menu is basically the same. At that point (might have changed) Minnie and Mickey came round in pilgrim clothes which was fab!

The thing I don’t like there is the lack of toilets. I think two cubicles in the Ladies for the whole restaurant? We had to queue for ages and ages. I remember that more than anything! Very busy and noisy too which is fine if you’re ok with that.

We prefer by far Skipper Canteen which was an oasis of calm on Christmas Day - we really like the menu too.

Not sure on getting in as we always arrived before opening. You’d have to be unlucky to not get in with on-site and an ADR though (in normal times anyway).

One year there was a two hour queue to get into the MK car park (I think that was Boxing Day though!).

I think your little ones are quite little? Mine loved the Epcot Xmas trail when they were 5 & 8 but maybe too old for you? Basically tells the story of Xmas celebrations in each country low key but enjoyable!
Old 17 Jan 21, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney45 View Post
Yea our return date got released today but flights sitting at near £900pp so holding out hoping they drop a bit. We need connecting flights from Scotland. So our options are limited a bit 😫
I booked a BA Fly drive over Xmas in Club on the day of release, by the next day it had gone up £1800. I have looked at the seat map and almost every window seat in club is pre booked, I know there are only 8 but there are only 32 club seats and 14 are already prebooked. It's going to be busy
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
We’ve done LTT on Christmas Day but it was years ago so might have changed! The menu is basically the same. At that point (might have changed) Minnie and Mickey came round in pilgrim clothes which was fab!

The thing I don’t like there is the lack of toilets. I think two cubicles in the Ladies for the whole restaurant? We had to queue for ages and ages. I remember that more than anything! Very busy and noisy too which is fine if you’re ok with that.

We prefer by far Skipper Canteen which was an oasis of calm on Christmas Day - we really like the menu too.

Not sure on getting in as we always arrived before opening. You’d have to be unlucky to not get in with on-site and an ADR though (in normal times anyway).

One year there was a two hour queue to get into the MK car park (I think that was Boxing Day though!).

I think your little ones are quite little? Mine loved the Epcot Xmas trail when they were 5 & 8 but maybe too old for you? Basically tells the story of Xmas celebrations in each country low key but enjoyable!
Thanks for all the info, I wouldn't have thought about Jungle Skipper Canteen, I'll check it out

The girls will be 1 & 4 when we go so they'll probably be too little to appreciate the Christmas trail, will take Ava and if she's not interested then we'll just have to go back another year

The Candlelight Processional looks good, I like that it's available on the lead up to Christmas. We'll definitely have to do that