Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 25 May 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
legolass
slightly serious Dibber

Transferring photos from iCloud to google photos

We are thinking of making the change from iPhones to google pixel. Have always found photos on apple really great with shared albums and every device syncing but just feel the iPhones are getting out of our price range.

So we have successfully downloaded and transferred almost all our photos to google photos (they are still on iCloud at the moment) but we can’t figure out how to move all our shared albums. And now my husbands iPad is full (no storage left) so cant save them to the device in order to copy to google photos. Anyone have any advice on how to do this as simply as possible?
legolass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

If you go into google photos on the iPad and use the archive option it will delete photos off the iPad that are safely stored in google photos.

So you can free up space to download the photos on the shared albums.

I can’t think of a way to get them into google photos without downloading them somewhere. The other option would be to download them to a pc / laptop.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
legolass
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for replying. So if we delete this to free up space do you know if the photos that are on the shared albums (that are also on the photos in general), will they still be on the shared album? Ie they won’t be deleted from those albums? Hope this is making sense, I’m a bit rubbish at this sort of stuff.
legolass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

I honestly don’t know. As the shared albums are in the cloud I think they are ok. But! I’d add an unimportant photo to a shared album and test the theory first.
Old 25 May 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
legolass
slightly serious Dibber

Sorry I don’t think I’ve explained myself very well ... I’m worried that once I delete the photos to clear space it deletes those particular photos from the shared album as well?

I suppose if it does delete them I could find them again on google photos .. but then I wouldn’t know exactly which photos had been on the shared album.