Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 4 Jun 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
charlie81
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

2 quick questions: insect repellant and parade spots

Hi,

So keeping it quick:

1. We are going end of June and staying in the Disney hotels. I there is a lake to walk around so will we need insect repellant or is it okay?

2. the parkmap lists mainstreet to watch the parade but I am really bad with all the pushing and shoving. It makes me anxious and with two little ones I don't really want to be waiting for ages so is there somewhere quieter to watch it go by (within reason, I know that everywhere will have people waiting to watch) but I was wondering where does the parade start/finish? Is it better to go there? Is there somewhere other than main street to watch it?

thanks x
charlie81 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

I like to stand in Town Square, there is more space there.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

We've never had a problem with insect bites at DLP; even in the height of summer.

For the parade we always watch it at the start of the parade route near It's a Small World, it's MUCH less busier up there and it also means that you are done sooner so can get on some rides whilst most other people are waiting for the parade to come round.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
charlie81
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

fabulous tips guys. Thanks. Getting excited now. Less than three weeks to go
charlie81 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

We were there last week, never had any issues with insects.
Following tips from The Dibb, we watched the parade from the Small World end too. DD and I sat on the wall outside Bella Note Pizza place - great view of all the floats and characters.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Never had mozzies at DLP but
you don’t really linger round the lake.

Been bitten to death in Germany, Italy and Amsterdam though.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

We’ve always walked along the river to and from the parks from Cheyenne / Santa Fe and never had any trouble with insect bites (visiting in May, June and August.)

Another vote for Small World here - the quietest spot is if you head up the path as if you’re going on the ride, and stop at the railings overlooking the parade route. It can still get fairly busy, but if you’re there early, it’s a great view. If you want to be closer to get character interaction, we generally found the parade route reasonably quiet between Small World and Bella Notte Pizza.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
The perfect Parade spot

If you stand at the bottom of Main Street. Just outside the shops on the left hand side looking up the street. They will bring a rope out across the road long after the crowds are busy on Main Street. If you are in the area before they bring the rope out you will get a great spot.

We always get a great view for a large party on a school trip with no problem.

Edited at 11:01 PM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Mjspin
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

So once the rope comes out, nobody else can join that space? If so, I can see that that would be a great spot.
Mjspin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
People try. I have stood there and seen the rope go up half an hour before, for the Christmas tree lighting show. We have been stood there with others, and right up to the beginning of the show we had to defend our spot from people with buggies attacking our ankles and trying to push past us. A firm ‘No!’ was met with utter disbelief.

To be fair, we found the same happened at WDW.

There seems to be an expectation among some parents that parades and shows are primarily for the little ones, and therefore possession of a buggy gives you the right to push to the front at the last minute.

Don’t get me wrong, if someone behind me has a little one who can’t see, I will offer to let the child stand in front of me - but not the adults!