Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 Jun 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki Mouse
Excited about Disney

Yacht club compared to AKL

Hi

We stayed at the AKL last year and we all absolutely loved it. Have just booked Yacht Club, anyone that has stayed at both, how did they compare?
Niki Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Apricota
slightly serious Dibber

I liked both, but preferred the yacht club. AKL was fab from the amazing lobby and view of animals through to the pool. But the food was not fab for me, I know others adore it, yacht /beach club being interlinked are great. The location is second to none, the food places very good with different offers for ease. Boat, walk of bus to different parks. And the pool was good, not as big as I imagined but really good and the quite pools offer a different take.
Apricota is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

I loved both. The main perk of AKL over the Yacht Club is the slightly lower price.
Location is fantastic at the YC, you can walk to Epcot, HS, Fantasia gardens.
For food you have access to the boardwalk bakery and pizza window, bc marketplace, YC quick service, pool quick service and that’s just qs.
It’s not as themed as AKL but it’s one of my top favourite resorts in Disney alongside the contemporary with AKL a close second.
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Love both resorts for different reasons, the benefit of the YC is, as the others have said, the location and the walk into Epcot plus the resort itself is lovely to relax in.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Another vote for YC purely for location, however one caveat is the upcoming opening of the gondola. I'm waiting to hear what it's like, ie will the increased foot traffic 'spoil' what was effectively a very quiet location/entrance/exit to Epcot.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Andrews Dad
Apprentice Imagineer

They're very different resorts in terms of feel, but I'm sure you'll love Yacht Club for all the reasons mentioned above.

Originally Posted by Clare View Post
...one caveat is the upcoming opening of the gondola...
We're watching this with interest too.
Andrews Dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I've never stayed in Yacht club but been in (wonderful resort), and stayed next door at Boardwalk as staying Beach Club at Xmas. I've stayed at AKL also.
Whilst AKL is a lovely resort, it is not for us with nowhere to walk.
The beauty of the Crescent Lake resorts is you can walk all over- into Epcot, into HWS, around the lake, into Swan Dolphin, to the mini golf and you'll also have a gondola station very close.
It's no contest for me as to which is better.
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki Mouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks so much for all the comments, really just trying to get a grasp on it. We’ve been in the Yacht club before and liked the feel of if, so that the location and temptation to start new resorts swayed our decision to book it. I think I was just so blown away every time we walked in AKL that I’m not sure how things will compare
Niki Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve stayed at AKL and Beach Club (basically the same as staying at Yacht Club for 95% of points to debate on that). As a resort I much prefer AKL (even with a standard view). For location though and therefore access to parks and a lot of food choices I prefer Yacht/Beach Club. The things that attract me to them both are different, so I’d be very happy with either. I’d you've only done AKL before then I’d say having a change to try it is a great choice.