Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Jun 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
jewels1207
Earning More Ears

Mobile

There's a finite number of Fast passes per ride per day. If people book fast passes at 60 days with little intention of using them it means there's less fast passes for people booking in advance who may have genuine intentions of going to the park that day. Esp on the rides that are harder to get such as FoP SD and SDMT so if these all get snapped up in advance by ppl who don't really want them that's hardly fair on other people who want to book in advance who will def want to go that day.
jewels1207 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
I'm going to try and book an FOP fastpass for a water park day. Knowing what I'm like we will almost certainly use it rather than decide not to go to the park. If we did then we would cancel it. I assumed, just like with ADR's, that fastpasses would then be re-released. If I knew for certain that they would not be re-released then I would think twice before booking them.
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
yorkshireman
Earning More Ears

Im not sure this will make me popular saying this but when you book a Disney hotel you are paying a premium for the perks of being onsite which includes access to these early fast passes. I don't think it's unfair at all to book fast passes that you may or may not use. It's hard enough trying to make a plan in advance without being able to take into consideration the weather or if the kids will be tired. We always book fast passes for a park on a rest day in case we decided to venture out that night. I pay for that privilege so I will use it.

Having said that we always release them well in advance if we are not going to use them and I would never let them lapse. Im sure nobody can tell for sure if these get re-released to other guests but if it does it may be free for somebody on a last minute trip who didn't have the luxury of even booking at 30 days.
yorkshireman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyFoodie View Post
Yes I know, we probably should have done but usually we only had one (I was/am pregnant so couldn’t ride lots) and after one totally excruciating incident with a French person who thought we were trying to sell them something i’m afraid we got all British about it and failed!
This made me laugh so much!

I am a ride wimp so usually we only have FPs for DH. If he doesn’t want it, I wander round trying to find a single person to give it to. People whose first language is not English can make for a tricky conversation (although I have managed it). Last time I spotted someone in a Miami Dolphins jacket and took the chance he was American - which he was, and very happy to have an unexpected Fastpass!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
That's exactly my point, the same people in the same line on the same ride with the same capacity. You basically make the decision whether to allow some last minute guests to queue jump or not. Big benefit for the few that snap up cancelled fastpasses, or small benefit to the rest of the queue because if you don't cancel, theres nobody legitimately queue jumping ahead of them.

With paper fastpasses technically it was the same swings and roundabouts, but I was able to see the people that benefitted and selfishly that made me feel better. The facelessness of the computerised system takes that away.

Booking stuff you might not use and denying others opportunity to do so, is a different question altogether, I'm simply saying that if you have a fastpass booked which you realise you won't use, cancelling it doesn't make you any better than somebody that doesn't... in my opinion, and I'm quite happy if you want to think differently.
That’s assuming that everyone is cancelling at the last minute, I’m sure that’s not the case.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

We have 2 days during our onsite where KSC and BB are planned. But I will book FP anyway.

Plans might change due to young kids or weather, plus we might try a flying visit to use them. Or maybe not.

At the point i know we wont use them i will release them.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jewels1207
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by WDWfangirl View Post
I'm going to try and book an FOP fastpass for a water park day. Knowing what I'm like we will almost certainly use it rather than decide not to go to the park. If we did then we would cancel it. I assumed, just like with ADR's, that fastpasses would then be re-released. If I knew for certain that they would not be re-released then I would think twice before booking them.
They do get re released but if ppl wait til the morning of or just before the ride time to cancel then it doesn't allow ppl that have had to book alternative fastpasses the opportunity to get better ones that might have been snapped up by ppl who may not have had much intention of using them
jewels1207 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jewels1207 View Post
They do get re released but if ppl wait til the morning of or just before the ride time to cancel then it doesn't allow ppl that have had to book alternative fastpasses the opportunity to get better ones that might have been snapped up by ppl who may not have had much intention of using them
But you do of course allow somebody else to get them, somebody that might have been looking at an hour plus, suddenly is able to save that hour because they get your fastpass, with the flipside that everyone in the queue now suddenly has somebody that couldn't skip ahead of them, able to do so.
If you look at the big picture, somebody gains and somebody loses out whatever you do.
Old 17 Jun 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
We have 2 days during our onsite where KSC and BB are planned. But I will book FP anyway.

Plans might change due to young kids or weather, plus we might try a flying visit to use them. Or maybe not.

At the point i know we wont use them i will release them.

That's exactly what we did. I knew we would be going to KSC to meet my cousins one day and later in the week Universal. I booked Epcot the same fastpasses Monday and Tuesday. Hollywood studios the same for Wednesday and Thursday. I cancelled the days we didn't need as soon as the plans were confirmed.

Probably more than half of our planned days changed once we got there due to bad weather/rest days needed etc. It was easy enough to cancel and change things to another park or modify the times till later in the day if needed.

I will add we are always off site so booking the scraps at 30 days. Never got any fop or slinky dog etc.

Edited at 04:27 PM.
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Griff_389 View Post
How does it not make a difference cancelling them?
If every visitor took fast passes when they’re not likely to use them, they’d be nothing left for others.
At least if you cancel them they’re available for someone else to book.
Personally I think booking them when you’re not expecting to use them is a little selfish.
Cancelling fastpasses does not guarantee that they go back in the system straight away to be then booked by someone else especially if cancelled on the day, it could take some time and even then not be available at all.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List