Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jun 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
belle1990
Helping Mickey

Mobile Which week in May?

Hi!

At the moment I've got an 8 night solo trip at WDW booked from the 8th to the 16th May next year, but with it being so close to May 4th (and Star Wars Day) I'm a bit worried it's going to be stupidly busy! I could potentially push it back a week and fly home on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend - which I know will be really busy too. Are both those weeks just going to be mad or is there one you lovely Dibbers think might be a bit less so? I did think about going for the end of April too...but I'm not sure about that either!

Thanks in advance!
belle1990 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mi55pink
Trying for More Ears

I can’t speak from experience as only been once and that was 6th-20th May 2017.

We were happy with crowd levels and weather at that time so we’re doing first 2 weeks of May again next year.

Opinions generally seem to be that most times of year are getting very busy and next year with galaxys edge will be crazy!

We’re just going to make the best of it and not go to the parks on 4th May! That actually happens to be husbands birthday but luckily we are not SW fans! 😂

ETA: meant to say I’m not sure it will matter what week as all will be busy!
mi55pink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Danielle87
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We go this time of year the last 4 times we have been and also going the same time next year and the parks are no more packed than normal.
Danielle87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
BirdsluvDisney
Apprentice Imagineer

We usually go last week of April first week of May, We have seen an increase in crowds over the years and dont really think anytime will make much of a difference.

Next year we are going the beginning of May the sensors is it is much the same crowd level and weather wise, The main difference I can see reading through posts is the Love bugs will be about.
Old 18 Jun 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

As said earlier in this query,do you have to go to Hollywood Studios that day,personally we'll be there,but not in that park,also with regards to memorial day its never seemed to be much more crowded as a normal weekend.Hope you make the right choice.
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

I was there for the 1st 10 days of May this year and went to HS on the 4th. I hadn't clocked that it was the 4th but in all honesty I wouldn't have known any different in the park itself. I don't even know if they put anything on but if they did I didn't see it! There definitely wasn't any increase in crowds that I could notice.

Obviously this was before GE opens but I think that's going to be busy whatever day it is! As you don't get there until the 8th I cant see it making any difference (unless there is another holiday around that time that I am missing!)

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
belle1990
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Thanks everyone! I went end of April/beginning of May a couple of years ago and really liked that time of year but I wasn't sure at all if GE would mean WDW was busier than it normally is over that week next year! I'm hoping with me being by myself it'll be easier to manage however busy it is anyway!
belle1990 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
saraflorence
Trying for More Ears

First week in May is the best for both weather and crowds.
saraflorence is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Trinacham
Having Dinner with Goofy

We went on the 5th May last year and loved it enough to book again for 2nd May next year!
Trinacham is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List