Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 Jun 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Beach Bunny
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

1 Night Stay at HRH

Hi Guys,

We have booked a 1 night stay at HRH at Universal this coming August 29th in order to get express passes and early entry to parks but quite honestly I have no idea what I'm doing

I have a hundred questions on how bet to get the most out of our stay and really hoping you guys can help?

- Do we go and register at the hotel first before we go to the parks on the first day?
- If so how long does it generally take to check in and get passes, etc?
- Do we leave our luggage in the car on first day until we return that evening?
- How do we get to the park - water taxi? Walk?
- How long does it take to get to the parks from HRH?
- Is parking free for hotel guests?
- What time do the parks open for early entry for hotel guests?

Also we were thinking of trying to do both parks on first day and Volcano bay on second day - is this doable and a good plan or should we do Volcano bay on a different day and use both our express pass days at the parks?

Sorry for all the questions!
Beach Bunny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

- Yes, you need to check in at the start of the day. You get given a room key each with your name on it, this is your express pass. Obviously depends on how long the queue is, but we weren't waiting for too long.
-You can leave it in your car or leave it with bell services. Our room was ready when we went at 8am so that might happen with you too.
- Lots of ways to get to the parks. Water taxi is quite nice. You do security before you get on. Takes a few minutes.
- You do have to pay a nightly charge to park, $27 plus tax. Don't forget this is cheaper than 2 days in the main garages.
- Depends on the day what time/what park early entry is. See here: universalorlando/web...s-of-adventure

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
colufan
slightly serious Dibber

Wouldn’t use a day of your express passes to do Volcano Bay, the parks are about 10 minute walk from HRH.
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi. You can check in before early entry and they will store your luggage. Not likely to be much of a line at 7am ish. Yes you have to pay for parking. Walk from HRH. The water taxi takes longer. It’s a very short walk. Personally I wouldn’t waste one of your days on Volcano Bay. The best use of your hotel stay spend is early entry and FOL passes. I might to go Volcano Bay the first evening though. Lovely hotel. Enjoy your time there.
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

Check in as early as you can - you’ll be able to leave your luggage in the luggage room and you also need a little time to get photos for your front of line passes. Walk rather than get the water taxi as it’s much quicker. Also on your second day check out and put your luggage in the luggage room as they’re often a queue and start your forced march for the second day.

As others have said don’t waste your early entry on volcano bay - one day at island of adventures and one day at universal studios and you’ll achieve most things.
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Lots of good advice above... I always get a bit worried when I see the 1 night stay posts though. Only because we love Universal and know we would have been disappointed if we had a rushed visit first time around. But that’s just us...everyone is different and has their own priorities.

So feel free to ignore this! I’m just going to copy a response I posted recently to someone asking if 2 days was enough to do the 3 parks.

Yes, 2 days possible but really limits what you can see and do. Depends if you want to really experience it rather than just get a feel for it.

3 nights in Universal hotel would be better as you have 2 full days and the check in/out days. You’d also get the free fastpasses (Royal pacific, Portofino and hard rock) and early entry. Early entry to VB is really excellent as you can do it all and be out by lunchtime.

My ideal would be 5 nights for Universal to get the full experience at a nice relaxed pace. But then, as I said earlier, we love Universal!
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Good advice in all of the above posts.

I would suggest that you research the ‘hard to get on stuff’ and aim for those with your express passes. I certainly wouldn’t touch Volcano Bay in the daytime on either day, possibly in the evening.
There is plenty of other stuff that you may well miss. It is worth remembering that on any return visits after your 2 days express pass, parking at Universal is free after 1800. That is the time to ‘mop up’

HRH (and the other 2), are really good, well located hotels and I would only consider the river trip coming back to the hotel. I doubt that you will regret your decision and we do exactly the same.. one night on every Orlando vacation.

It may also be worth considering the benefits of an upgrade to club level on a future visit (if there is one), although I suspect that you will be far too busy this time!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

I disagree about Volcano Bay - use the early opening on your second day as it is the best time to go. You can do all the main slides in a couple of hours and then go to either of the theme parks. If you go to Volcano Bay at any other time of day (even in the evening) it will be very busy - the only time it is quiet is early opening or just after a storm as people leave as the slides are closed.

You have Express so early opening at the parks doesn't make that much difference - yes it is quieter but you can use Express all day anyway. You can easily do everything in both parks in 2 days with Express.

The busiest rides will be Despicable Me and Kong - even with Express you can be looking at 30-40 mins for these. Everything else will be less than 20 mins.

You are best going to IOA in the morning. It generally rains around lunchtime and you can then go to Universal Studios on the Hogwarts Express which has more indoor attractions. Then back to IOA in the evening.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List