Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Mar 02, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
mapman
Cream Tea anyone ?

mapman's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
yep that all sounds OK to me - you will ADORE Wall Mart - and look out for the jars of "Pickled Pigs feet" (among other things).

More questions please - fire away

Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.

My Orlando Map - http://www.orlandomaps.co.uk
mapman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 02, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mapman
Cream Tea anyone ?

mapman's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
just remembered - medicine's etc are really cheap in Walmart

Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.

My Orlando Map - http://www.orlandomaps.co.uk
mapman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 02, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post

We landed at aroung 4pm at MCO in October last year and headed straight to our hotel via a towncar transfer - we were staying on site at POR. We had arranged to meet some American friends in MK at 8pm - we just made it after a quick change in our room! We actually stayed in MK and watched the fireworks and Spectromagic parade, and then had a few rides with no lines at all (Splash Mountain in the dark is fun . ). We actually left the park at 10:45pm US time - which was like 3:30am UK time!
We didn't feel tired though - must have been the magic .

We were even up at 8am and got to AK for 9am the next day!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 02, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post

We stayed onsite (CBR) - so all we did on arrival was to use our refill mugs - didn't feel like eating much as had good food on the flight (a first&#33. and we were very tired!  Had a walk around to get our bearings, unpacked, watched TV - fell asleep.  Woke up early next morning so had a big cooked breakfast at the food court... ready for Disney... ! .
Old 12 Mar 02, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Having travelled to the USA 6 times, I am always a total zombie by the time I get where I am going. I am not even sure I could manage Walmart. Last time in Florida, we just got to the hotel, unpacked, ate and went to bed. I seem to remember we were eating at about 1am UK time - it just does your head in  ,
Old 12 Mar 02, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post

We went to Florida for the first time in Feb 2002.  We landed at 15.40, collected suitcases and eventually got our Dollar hire car at 17.00.  Left Sanford airport and ended up at our destination IDrive after 20.30. So our first night was very stressful, but we unpacked then had a shower and headed out for dinner.  Then went to bed feeling exhauseted, but still woke at 04.00.  Found walmarts a few days later and spent 3 hours there and nearly $250.
Old 13 Mar 02, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post

In 97/98 we just unpacked drove to Sizzlers near Splendid China had dinner back to the hotel, chatted in bed about plans for the next day...woke up both times about 4.50am..weeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!! Sorry, I get all excited on the first night !!!

Deb
Old 13 Mar 02, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post

This may confuse the situation.

But when we get to the hotel we  no I unpack have a shower then food usually Sizzler on the first night.  Then true to form we go to Downtown Disney look around then come back and play mini golf.  We even went to the cinema last time on the first night.  We don't suffer at all as we are working up to 2-3 am the morning before(self employed) have a kip on the plane no problem.  Awake by 7.30 next day.Bed night before 1.00-1.30 am.  Coming back to UK time a different story.
Old 13 Mar 02, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post

I don't know how you can do it Muppet  .  I would be seriously dead if I did that  ,
Closed Thread