Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 17 May 09, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mitzllim
Excited about Disney

mitzllim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Disney Wedding Pro's & Con's?

Thinking about doing this for some time but just wondered if anyone had some views on it positive or negative?

We just weighing up the options as want to do some thing special but would rather spend that kinda money on a dream trip in florida for 3 weeks rather than 1 day in the uk?

Been searching around trip reports and cant find any either, so if anyone can share their experinces they had that would be helpful in deciding.

95 DLP- DNBC 96 WDW - DPR 97 Sept WDW- Lingfields, Kissimee) 98 Xmas WDW- route 57 00 DLP - DSL 01 WDW- ASS 03 OCT WDW - Route 57 Trip Report Oct 08 WDW - ASS Wedding 12 ASM DGF DCS
mitzllim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 09, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mitzllim View Post
Thinking about doing this for some time but just wondered if anyone had some views on it positive or negative?

We just weighing up the options as want to do some thing special but would rather spend that kinda money on a dream trip in florida for 3 weeks rather than 1 day in the uk?

Been searching around trip reports and cant find any either, so if anyone can share their experinces they had that would be helpful in deciding.
Spend the money on a floridian wedding,!

We go married in the disney wedding pavilion, with only 14 guests, and i couldnt wish for a more beautiful wedding, the surroudings are exquisite!, there is a thead on here named disney wedding pavilion which i started and there's also a few pictures in the gallery, named disney wedding pavilion,

But for one glorious and expensive day in the uk, i would definatley do the florida thing, our wedding and stay at the animal kingdom lodge for 2 weeks, was around £7000
We had lots of extras too ( minnie and Mickey showed up!)
If you have any questions feel free to contact me
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 09, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
hunnybun
Imagineer

I so wish we had got married in WDW, it would have been my dream!

If you can, I'd say go for it!

"I've learned that people forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"
hunnybun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 09, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post

We're getting married 3 months today at Sea Breeze Point, and are having a three week trip, as well as a party for 150 people when we return to the UK, for about half the cost of a wedding in the UK!

We are only having 8 guests in Florida but that is perfect for us, and we are doing it for exactly the reasons you have suggested.
Old 17 May 09, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mitzllim
Excited about Disney

mitzllim's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I have been trawling around the dibb now found so much info on it , i am 100 per cent on it .
Only hurdles for us is the guest's we have a big close family and want them all to come. So would be gutted if people didnt come but understand that it could be exspensive. Plus i have got to get an engagement ring and pop the ?

95 DLP- DNBC 96 WDW - DPR 97 Sept WDW- Lingfields, Kissimee) 98 Xmas WDW- route 57 00 DLP - DSL 01 WDW- ASS 03 OCT WDW - Route 57 Trip Report Oct 08 WDW - ASS Wedding 12 ASM DGF DCS
mitzllim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 09, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBlonde
Imagineer

DisneyBlonde's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 102
Guidebook Reviews: 4
We're getting married at the Boardwalk in December and so far the whole thing is a breeze (or should that be Sea Breeze?) to organise.

We're doing everything direct with Disney and separate vendors and they are brilliant to deal with.

We have both been married before and didn't want the traditional wedding, or the traditional cost, so it was an easy decision for us.

The whole thing has cost us around £8000 and includes:
Venue
Ceremony/Marriage License
Reception
Cake
Flowers
Transport
Photography
Flights
2 weeks at Disney's Boardwalk Villas and Port Orleans Riverside, and 2 nights for my parents to stay at the Boardwalk Villas
All Tickets
Car Hire
Hair/Make up/Manicure
Dress/Suits
Garment Steaming
and loads more!

The Escape package for upto 20 people is $4500 and you can also have a Wishes wedding for more people - I'm sure the minimum spend has gone to around $12000. You need to spend a minimum number of nights on-site (4 with the Escape package) and there are lots of things that can count towards your minimum spend for the Wishes wedding.

We decided to use a separate photographer to the one included with the Disney package as we wanted a specific style, and for us it will be something we treasure for years. That took quite a big chunk of our £8000, along with the stretch Hummer we decided to hire rather than using the limo included with the Disney package. If we took those out we would be looking at roughly £6500

I can't recommend the people we have dealt with highly enough and can't wait for December to come around.

If you need any more info let me know.
2005-Holiday Inn I-Drive * 2007-QII/Boardwalk * 2009-Married December at the Boardwalk/POR/Rolling Hills Villa (TR here) * 2010-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 May-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 October-Rolling Hills /Boardwalk (TR here) * 2012-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2013-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2014-Rolling Hills * 2015-Rolling Hills * 2016-Rolling Hills and Boardwalk * 2017-Boardwalk and Rolling Hills

DisneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 09, 03:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Florida is a great place to get married because there are so many options. You can have Disney, the beach, gardens, at your villa, etc. and it can be as little or as big as you want/need it to be. It's also important to say that there are lots of options money wise too. You can go all out or you can have a really nice wedding without breaking the bank.

Congratulations and happy planning!
Old 18 May 09, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
redwoodysoup
Imagineer

redwoodysoup's Reviews
We got married in 2003 at the Poly. It was great and just what we were looking for apart from sods law it rained for three days solid around the wedding day. It was stress free! The disney wedding coordinators were great and you have the bonus of having a great holiday without the hassle of the family politics and paying through the nose prices for photograhers, average food etc.

We're really glad we did it this way and would recommend it.

Days Inn 1996. Ho Jo Maingate West 1998. Wynfield Inn 1999. All Star Sports 2000. Port Orleans Riverside 2003 2005 2007. Wilderness Lodge 2008, 2009. DLP Sequoia Lodge 2009. Bay Lake Tower 2010 2011 2012
redwoodysoup is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 09, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post

i wish i had got married at disney!

but maybe a vow renewal, only ny dh is having none of it!

perhaps my dd's might when they are grown up!

id love to read a report on a disney wedding here though!
Old 18 May 09, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I had a wonderful disney wedding on 28th Jan 2008,

we got married at the wedding pavillion, had the reception at the living seas in epcot and then a dessert party for the fireworks outside next to the rose and crown at epcot. We had a carriage and Mushu and Stitch atended the wedding.

we had an absolute blast!

disney did the flowers
disney were meant to do the videography, but FORGOT! to show up till the evening reception, so I have no wedding dvd which is the only down point

we used randy chapman as photographer and he was brilliant! infact we took our new son to him for photos when we were there at xmas
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread