Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Jan 10, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post

We are getting married in November at Cypress Grove Lakeside Gazebo. It looks a beautiful place.

We have booked through Elegant Weddings of Orlando (Helen) and she has been fabulous! I would highly recommend her.

If you want a Disney wedding expect to save a shed load of money first! They cost a fortune!

Will your family or friends be going out with you?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 10, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
hippychick
Trading Disney Pins

its going to be me, fiancee, my mum and dad, my sis and her husband.
Old 4 Jan 10, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

Ah Laura, we booked with Helen. She's fab! x
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 10, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by lausan View Post
wedding channel sky had Focus Florida on today... it was the Virgin rep Orlando and gulf coast showing all different venues really good
I watched that! I love the wedding channel

If you really want to push the boat out, go for Gaylord Palms!

Also - Disney weddings are cheaper if there are only a few attending - I know a woman who saved a lot of money having only her parents, her husband's parents and 4 aunts/uncles at the ceremony in the Grand Floridian chapel - the brothers/sisters were bridesmaids and best man. She said it was amazing, but that quite a lot went wrong - Disney changed the reception venue without telling them until they were there, they messed up with the music and they were quite unprofessional. Of course, it's not the same for everyone, and she still had an amazing day!

Good luck!

Edited at 08:53 PM. Reason: forgot something!
Old 4 Jan 10, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
hippychick
Trading Disney Pins

Thanks for all your help, still got lots to research though. Virgin website not very helpful as only shows brouchure. really need to know what the specified disney hotels are that you have to stay in, any help would be grateful.
Old 4 Jan 10, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

Gaylord Palms is amazing. We had our mini honeymoon there and almost wished we'd got married there as there was a wedding set up while we were there. Looked stunning. x
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 10, 02:11 AM  
Link to this Post
dbm001
Excited about Disney

We got married in 2008 at the Crowne Plaza Universal. I can honestly say it was the best day of our lives, everything went so smoothly and all our guests (around 20 of them) had a fantastic day too. The hotel provided the wedding planner with whom my wife dealt with via email. Everything went perfect, the food, flowers, decor, minister, all were fantastic. As you can tell, I can't praise them enough!

Going back this year in April!

Dave.
dbm001 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 10, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
scots minnie
Apprentice Imagineer

scots minnie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Hi and congratulations on your forthcoming wedding,we got married on may the 4th 09 at cocoa beach florida.It was very quite with just dh,dd7,dd5,ds2,db and my mum we had a great couple plan it for us called kristi and jason from sunkissed weddings you should have a look they organised everything for us from flowers to a limo to take us there(this was our most expensive treat for the kids) and all by email,we were very worried that things could go wrong but neednt of worried as sunkissed weddings were fab.We couldnt of asked for a nicer day and cant wait to go back to revisit.happy planning and enjoy
Old 5 Jan 10, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post

'Focus on Florida' is repeated on Sky Wedding channel tonight at 10pm.
Old 5 Jan 10, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Jollymon
Imagineer

Jollymon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Were getting married in March 2011. . Still not 100% on venue but we went out in Sept and looked at the following

Hilton @ Clearwater Beach - Very nice, ceremony on the beach with reception on the raised deck overlooking the beach/sunset.

Don Ceasar Hotel @ St Pete's Beach - very elegant with an old worldly charm. Several ceremony locations and reception can be on their top floor open air function space over looking the sea.

Buena Vista Palace @ Downtown Disney - Small waterside Gazebo for ceremony with large selection of reception venues.

Cyrpess Grove Plantation House - My favourite so far. Website pictures just dont do it justice!

Enzo's on the lake - TERRIBLE!

Rosen Shingle Creek - Maybe a litle large for your party size but it was nice

We have also employed a wedding planner - Kristy Rapp, she has her own events company, met her a few times now and she is really nice and very helpful.

I have photos of most of these venues, if you are interested I can PM you
Jollymon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread