Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jan 10, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
bex0309
slightly serious Dibber

Lovely

We have just started exploring the idea of getting married in Florida.

We are going for 3 weeks in April (staying in Pop Century) and we are going to check out the locations included in the Disney 'Escape' package when we are there.

At the moment we are leaning toward either the Wedding Gazebo (Yacht Club) or the Sunrise Terrace (Wilderness Lodge) as there will be a maximum of 8 guests (family only). If anyone has had or been to a wedding at either of these locations I would love to hear from you.

Otherwise we are looking at Manchester Town Hall, even though we don't live there anymore we met at Manchester University back in 2003 and it is just an amazing building: although we would need to increase our budget enormously as so many more people would expect an invitation if we held it there.
Nov 2011: OKW & WDW Wedding! Sep 2010: Coronado Springs

Edited at 03:55 PM.
bex0309 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 10, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
brummymummy
Imagineer

brummymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Guidebook Photos: 90
Originally Posted by Alex uk View Post
'Focus on Florida' is repeated on Sky Wedding channel tonight at 10pm.
Thanx your a star! Have told dh we are watching it he is well pleased That is timing as he only said last night we can renew our vows in October

Sarah x
2012 Pre-trippie
brummymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 10, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
hippychick
Trading Disney Pins

Thanks for all your help
Old 5 Jan 10, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando_Kings
Very Serious Dibber

Orlando_Kings's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by hippychick View Post
Thanks for everyone that has replied.
For anyone that booked through Virgin was there a minimum expenditure? Just that i've noticed through the Disney Weddings website they have a minimum for some packages.
FYI - when I booked our wedding via VHolidays last year I had to also book a "package" with them.
However, I only booked my flight/car hire (not for the full holiday though) and the wedding with them. This saved us having to shed out the high flight prices at VH (at the time) for my wife's flight also car hire & accommodatition for the time we were out there. (we simply booked all those ourselves independantly & saved a fortune!)
Happy planning!
Orlando_Kings is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 10, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

We were all set to have a Disney Escape wedding, i rung Disney to book our date, only to be told you can only book and pay your deposit 8 months before. It did put me off as i am Miss organised and really wanted to start planning everything.

Started looking elsewhere and came across Celebration Hotel, their package suited us as we get a meal included for upto 8 guests, we also get 2 nights free accomodation in the hotel, and a few other things.

They have been fantastic to deal with, at a very good price. I have upgraded the cake and flowers for a small fee.

Really looking forward to it! x
Old 6 Jan 10, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dtm316
Proud to wear my Ears

dtm316's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Another vote for Cypress Grove, lovely location.
dtm316 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 10, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
simba1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Rachy View Post
We were all set to have a Disney Escape wedding, i rung Disney to book our date, only to be told you can only book and pay your deposit 8 months before. It did put me off as i am Miss organised and really wanted to start planning everything.

Started looking elsewhere and came across Celebration Hotel, their package suited us as we get a meal included for upto 8 guests, we also get 2 nights free accomodation in the hotel, and a few other things.

They have been fantastic to deal with, at a very good price. I have upgraded the cake and flowers for a small fee.

Really looking forward to it! x

My sister got married there in Nov 05, it is really, really lovely. xx
Oct 2009- Residence Inn by Marriott near Seaword
Oct 2010- Disney' s Old key west & Floridays
simba1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 10, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post

We got married at Cypress Grove and it was perfect and so easy to do but as others have said I would definetly recommend that you speak to fellow Dibber Carrie of Destination Occasion she is Fantastic and will answer any questions that you have. She is the best and I would recommend her over anybody! Have Fun and enjoy organising Florida is the best place for a wedding!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 10, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

Hi
We got married in Disney in May 2008 at the Yacht Club Gazebo at Disney, we had an initimate wedding (now and escape wedding). We only had our parents atending so fine for us- I think the maximum guests you cangave on an excape wedding is 18. We booked exactly 12 months in advance on our chosen day. For it essentially came as a package- for a flat fee we got the ceremony, the venue for an hour, a 2 tier cake, a bottle of champagne, a bouquet and boutonniere (button hole to most people!), 4 hours lino rental, a violinist and a phptographer and album of 20 photographs- the package cost us around 2000 dollars. We pai extra to have Mickey and Minnie attend for our photographs, and for Cinderellas coach! Pretty muc everything was arrived by our wedding coordinator, we just had to sort out the license and the vicar (they game us a contact list of recommended vicars), and everything like preservation of flowers. The only coniditon was the bride and groom spent at least 3 nighyts in a Disney hotel- I don't think there was a limit on what one! This might have all changed though...
Can highly recommend the Yacht club venue- its set into a little rose garden which had rabbits hopping around, overlooking Bay lake- stunning! The venue is overlooked by hotel rooms though, and we did have a few spectators- they are kept at a respectful distance though. And I can't fault Disney's planning- on the day we got aour wedding coordinator attending, an events manager, security, caterers, as wel las the limo driver, violnist etc- the staff easily outnumbered us and they went above and beyond to make the day great! If you are considering a Disney wedding I'd say book direct with them- if you book through someone like Virgin they essentially just ring up Disney for you then relay messages back, and I've heard of cases of things getting lost in transit (pretty rare though so do try it if you prefer that!)
Oh, just to add- for an escape wedding you can book all the venues 12 months in advance apart from the Wedding Pavilion= that's only 8 months in advance. That's becuase they keep it reserved for the large weddings or over 18 which you can book 12 months in advance. Of the venus, you can only get Cinderellas coach at the Pavilion and Yacht club, and only get a castle view at Wedding Pavilionand Polynesian (which only runs weddings a few months of the year)
Hope that helps, PM me if you wish to know anything else!
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 10, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
adrian-sara
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Already loads of good ideas here :-) Lucky you having all this exciting planning.

My first wedding was at Oak-K Farm, Lakeland berks/oak-k/farm.htm venue really nice and the owners not only sorted all our special requests but also recommended a photographer and hair salon.

First wedding...sounds awful...but the venue was lovely. Recently remarried and now thinking of renewing vows in Orlando :-)
adrian-sara is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread