Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Feb 10, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
staceyb
Apprentice Imagineer

Help with chapel wedding!?

Hi girls!

OH and I are seriosuly thinking about just having a nice little wedding whilst over there in September. I've been told that there are a few chapels on the 192 which is great as that's where the villa will be.

It'll only be us and our girls on this trip, is it possible to still get wed or do we need witnesses?

Does anyone have a rough guide price just for a chapel wedding itself?

Thanks in advance

Stacey x
staceyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 10, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post

we got married in the little wedding chapel on idrive, its a lovely little chapel, the owners are british very nice couple, it depends on how much you want 2 spend our wedding cost about $500 and that was the service which lasted 6mins so great for the kids or photos we got 80 altoghether and our cake, you can get a few different packages just depends on how much you want to spend. cant remember the website address but i will find it and post it later. hope this helps.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 10, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post

just found the site its royalchapel.com. good luck
Old 24 Feb 10, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
staceyb
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks hun, was that $500 for the chapel, pics and cake? That's a very good price! Was the chapel nice? I may give them a call.

What do you need in order to get married, do you need to apply for any sort of licenses?

Thanks again

Stacey x
staceyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 10, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post

yip that was for everything the only other thing you need to pay for is the licence which is $100 you need to go to the courthouse for that, think the price of the package might have gone up a bit its been bout 2 years from i booked mines, you also get your pics on there website for 1 year after mines are still on now we got married oct 08
Old 24 Feb 10, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
staceyb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by beattieno1 View Post
yip that was for everything the only other thing you need to pay for is the licence which is $100 you need to go to the courthouse for that, think the price of the package might have gone up a bit its been bout 2 years from i booked mines, you also get your pics on there website for 1 year after mines are still on now we got married oct 08
Hi there, thanks for that. I have looked on their website and it's looks really nice and reasonable price $699 £428 for the simple package. Is it straightforward to get the license? And do you just download and print off the photos that you want from their website?

Thanks so much for your help x
Old 24 Feb 10, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post

its pretty straightforward to get the licence, think there is a few different places you can go we went to downtown orlando courthouse for ours think there is somewhere in kissimee too, all u need is your birth certificate and passport for both of you.
you get a disc with all your photos on it and then u just take it a nd get them printed the can b enlarged to a 20x18 i think.
hope that helps.
Old 24 Feb 10, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
brummymummy
Imagineer

brummymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Guidebook Photos: 90
Hiya,

We are getting our vows renewed while in Orlando in October and are having it done in a little chapel in winter gardens 1/2hr from disney its called vows are forever vowsareforever/weddingpackage.php and is $250 we are having a seperate photographer and flowers though.

There is also another chapel by disney called the little white chapel.

Good luck and happy planning

Sarah x
2012 Pre-trippie
brummymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 10, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post

It is very easy to get your wedding license (nothing is required for vow renewal). The Osceola Courthouse is the closest to the tourism area. The fee is $97.50 (paid in cash on the day) and to speed things along you can download the application from the website and bring it with you. If you go to the courthouse when they open it shouldn't take you more than 10-15 minutes.

Have a look at the FAQ section of the county website for all of your questions.

*International and non Florida residents do not have to wait the 3 day period.
*If the bride or groom have been divorced within 6 months you must bring your final jugdement paperwork with you.
*You do not need a birth certificate. Your UK passport is accepted.
Old 24 Feb 10, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
staceyb
Apprentice Imagineer

That you so much for your help ladies, you've been great! I've emailed the Royal Chapel on I Drive as their prices are great and photos look good to!

Great news about not needing your birth certificate as OH is struggling to find his! x

Thanks again, you've all really helped!

Stacey x
Closed Thread