Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Dec 18, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I know you are just trying to be a good friend but it’s not up to you to give her that information and she needs to be discussing it with her own HR really.

Like the poster above I’d just say that you don’t know the answer but wish her the best of luck in the interview.
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 18, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hideinpockets View Post
I know you are just trying to be a good friend but it’s not up to you to give her that information and she needs to be discussing it with her own HR really.

Like the poster above I’d just say that you don’t know the answer but wish her the best of luck in the interview.
I have done. I've said its good she has questions cos that's where I struggle on an interview I can never think of a question but then after loads flood in my head lol.

Thanks all for your help.
Ellelledee is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 18, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I'm a little confused.

Her current employer should be informing staff of timescales and when they expect to be making people redundant. Expressions of VR should be made however they should be told how many they are looking for and where from.

If not enough VR, then they will do compulsory redundancy

A new employer should employ the best candidate and not consider notice periods etc, that could be deemed as unfair.
Old 11 Dec 18, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

You have stated the timeline for expressing the wish and being informed of the decision, but not what the exit date is. Usually the exit date is much quicker than the notice period.

So for example she could be told by the end of next week if she has been accepted and the exit date if accepted may be the end of December.

That would have a shorter exit date that notice period then.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 18, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by Ellelledee View Post
It’s not education anyway. That’s the thing when I say about her being totally inexperienced n requiring full training it’s a credit control job
This can apply to other jobs too. DH took redundancy from his job with the local council and could not be employed in any council post for a fixed period of time.
Posiesmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 18, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
This can apply to other jobs too. DH took redundancy from his job with the local council and could not be employed in any council post for a fixed period of time.
That is correct. Where I used to work they would offer re-employment within the council even if it a completely different role. When the redundancy pay was offered people had to sign to say they hadn't applied for any jobs within the council in a certain time period. You can't basically take a redundancy payment from the council which is public money then be re-employed by them, again using public money. She could however ask if redeployment is available but she wouldn't get a redundancy package. Sometimes, if you are at risk you are guaranteed an interview with an internal post.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 18, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I used to work for a big bank and got made redundant after working for them for 15 years. I was given 3 months notice but got gardening leave after a month. This meant I wasn't at work for those 2 months but wasn't allowed to start another job until after the 3 months was over. I started looking for another job during those 2 months and was fortunate to get what is now my current job straight away - I started 2 weeks after the 3 months were over.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi all sorry for delay. Apparently the head has asked who is interested in redundancy to let her know by Friday and then Monday I think they will be advised who had been accepted/considered etc (sorry I am only go on what she is telling me).
Ellelledee is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Garden leave is pretty old fashioned now except for roles where trade secrets are involved. Most now just pay in leui of notice which frees up the person to start a new role immediately. This is now standard as the courts ruled that you cannot restrict someone from earning a living.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

She came for the interview yesterday n she has decided against the redundancy in the hope she will get the job. She said she was due to come out with about £1000 but didn’t feel that was worth jeopardising the job.
I have been speaking to another friend who works there apparently they can’t work/in the same sector for 35 days and she said the deadline for redundancy is Friday but I don’t think that would mean 35 days from Friday I would think after Friday it will have to be decided who has been accepted n then they would be notified n then I assume there is a process so I think it would be longer the 4 weeks notice which is usual