Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 11 Dec 18, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've stayed at both and prefer RPR.
Nothing wrong with HRH but we find RPR more relaxing.
Old 11 Dec 18, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post

I like both. If you are having a trundle bed for a 5th person. 1 night is manageable in RPR. Any longer and I would pay extra for HRH.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 18, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We've stayed in both multiple times. Our kids are 8 and 16 and we've been staying there from before our 8-y-o was born.

HRH became our firm favourite but last year we stayed at RPR as we booked very late on (ie only a couple of days before our stay) and there was no availability at the Hard Rock.

The most notable drawback of the RPR, for us, was room size. We always get rooms with separate beds for the kids, whether it's a fixed bed or rollaway. The RPR rooms are quite tight size-wise and with a rollaway bed in it, it did feel cramped. If you are doing the Dibb-special 1-nighter then this is unlikely to be a concern for you, but if you stay longer then it may be an issue.

The other drawback for us was the distance to the parks. Don't get me wrong - it's not massively long, but I'd just suffered a knee injury whilst running, and it felt like a long way! Yes there are boats, but the wait for those seemed to be quite long, although I'd fully concede we may have just been unlucky with our timing. It certainly always felt like a much shorter walk from the Hard Rock to the parks.

What we do really like about the RPR is Orchid Court as we are all big sushi fans. It's a lovely space to chill out in after a hot day in the parks with cocktails and sushi. I think we ate there on all but one of our 5-night stay there last year.

The long and short, however, is that both are lovely hotels. There's not really a wrong choice here.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 18, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have only stayed at RPR but going to try HRH in October.

The thing that I noticed between 2016 & 2018 with RPR is that since doing the standard rooms up, there is now no real privacy. There used to be a proper door on the bathrooms but now there is only a glass sliding door (no lock) between the shower/ toilet and the rest of the room, and for us with 2 teenage daughters isn’t really suitable anymore.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List