Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Dec 18, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymcfarlane
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Working nights xmas week, lates New Year week. One of the emergency services ...
dizzymcfarlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

DH is a chef - he definitely will be working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day and to be honest, he will be lucky to have a day off at all between the 19th December and the 7th January due to the way Christmas falls this year as Mondays and Tuesdays would normally be his days off. Although he will have the evening off on Boxing Day and New Years Eve from around 5:30pm.

I appreciate everyone who gives up their Christmas and New Years to work, whatever industry that may be in.
DisneyStacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
daftmum
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m really lucky this year and I’m working Boxing Day night. I worked all day Christmas Day last year, 07:30-20:00. I work in a neonatal intensive care unit
daftmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
My rota for Xmas and new year is all over the place, I'm off my birthday which is 22nd then back in for a full shift Sunday , off Xmas Eve and Xmas day, working Boxing Day evening then I think I'm off New Year's Eve and working early shift New Year's Day... which will be like a graveyard shift cos nobody will be shopping that early New Year's Day
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I’m working Christmas Eve, I’ve booked Christmas Day as a holiday and then Boxing Day is my day off anyway on my rota as they are fixed patterns. My next day off after that is New Year’s Day as again this is my day off according to my rota pattern. My company is open 6am until 2am everyday of the year and the hours aren’t changed for any holidays.

Edited at 01:59 PM.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

I still dont have my rota but ill be in either xmas eve or Boxing Day. If I'm super unlucky ill be in for both.

NYE is my dd birthday so ive asked for the day off but that'll mean I'm in on New Years day.

And ill work 2/3 days between xmas and new year
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

After 12 years Military and often abroad, I had 22 years in the Police and have now served 6 years in a full 24 hour shift pattern as a security officer at a Hospital.

In those 28 combined years, I have spent no more than 3 New Years eves and no more than 5 uninterrupted X Mas day/Boxing day periods with my family.

This year however, I am off from 23 December to 01 January... Yippee for me!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by fumbo View Post
I am working parts of Xmas day and boxing day. I work for a cat rehoming charity and the little furballs still need their pens cleaned and feeding so its no rest for me! Honestly if you get a chance to volunteer or work in this sector give it a try - its very rewarding (not financially ha ha!).
Ds1 volunteers at the local Cats Protection...he likes it also.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

I’m working Xmas day,as I’m a pub manager,for a large chain.we are only open for drinks though,so I am doing it myself,so the staff can all have the day off.
Of the key dates,Xmas eve,Xmas day,Boxing Day,NYE & NY day,I have made sure,that we can all have 2 of them off,so it’s fair for everyone.
Hope everyone has a lovely Xmas
Tracy x
Old 6 Dec 18, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Lottie2004
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi, I am a Community Nurse and work for the Out of Hours Team ... I’m working 5-11pm on Christmas Day and a Night shift on New Years Day ! Not too bad this year at all ..
A very Happy Christmas to all the Dibbers working xxxx
Lottie2004 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List