Old 7 Feb 17, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Love this x
DCL 2019
limmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Loving this report, great to see just how doable this is
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Fab food report, enjoying reading along!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 17, 01:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Great reports and very helpful.

Personally, if a server conned me by charging $11.50 for a drink/souvenir glass combo he wouldn't have got a tip at all. :angry:
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 17, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
minimacka
Gone all Goofy

Can I ask where you find your vouchers for the various places you have eaten at. We are not on a budget as such for our visit in April/May but being a Yorkshire lass I do like a bargain. lol
minimacka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 17, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minimacka View Post
Can I ask where you find your vouchers for the various places you have eaten at. We are not on a budget as such for our visit in April/May but being a Yorkshire lass I do like a bargain. lol
You just need to look on the websites of the various restaurants. Most of them have some kind of club you can join. You generally get a voucher for signing up and a lot of them then give you another one on your birthday. Obviously it will be your birthday while you are on holiday Some need to be printed and some you can just show on your phone.
PS welcome to the Dibb. My dad was from Yorkshire too so I must have the bargain loving gene from him

Edited at 08:04 PM.
hornetgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 17, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
minimacka
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Thank you I will have a look. We don't go till April so I have plenty of time. We all like a bargain don't we. Lol
minimacka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 17, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Great start to a really good thread. Nice to see this especially with the poor exchange rate etc. It can be done and you can still enjoy nice food There are 2 of us too and I always keep what we don't spend each day in the first week and roll it into the second one for more treats and snacks x

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 17, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Another one enjoying this thread
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 17, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Day 7

Magic Kingdom

A quick breakfast in the studio to use up the last of the cereal.

I think it's the law that everyone who goes to the Magic Kingdom has to eat Dole whip. If it isn't it certainly should be. We spent $11.28 on two pineapple floats. Mmm, heaven.

And so to that lunch ADR we made yesterday. We left the Be Our Guest slot for someone else and tried to decide between two of our favourites, Grand Floridian Café and Kona Café. The latter won on the grounds that they serve Longboard beer, one of Sean's favourites. Even though you can buy it in M&S now, he likes to drink it where he first encountered it.
I had a grilled teriyaki steak with pineapple salsa plus a water.

Sean had the Kona surf and turf burger deluxe, along with that Longboard beer.

No desserts as we'd already had the dole whip floats. This was a lovely lunch and cost $52 with tip.

There are only two counter service options in the Magic Kingdom that we really enjoy, Pecos Bill and Columbia Harbour House, so our evening meal was always going to be at one of those. We happened to be in the vicinity of Columbia Harbour House at about the right time and it wasn't very busy, so that was the decision made for us.

I had an Anchors Aweigh sandwich, which is tuna, with a cup of tea. Sean had a fried shrimp plate, just in case there hadn't been enough fried shrimp with his lunch, and a coffee. I asked if we could have some proper milk to go in our drinks and was given a whole child sized carton of it! This little lot cost $30.42

Total spent today $93.70