Notices

Old 16 Jun 18, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
EvilQueen1937
Proud to wear my Ears

Cast Member Charlotte (Disney's CEP 2018!) Travel Day!

Well today's the day! I barely slept a wink last night, too excited about the fact that when I woke up I would be going home to the happiest place on earth! I've made sure I am dressed very obviously Disney, with my t-shirt, shoes, socks, hat and cast member hoodie. When queueing to check in, I bumped into another girl in a cast member hoodie, so it was lovely to chat to someone else who was excited as I am! There was an American family stood behind us and they asked about our hoodies, and it turns out one of them became a cast member for 11 years when he retired.

I waved my parents off just before heading towards security, both had tears in their eyes. My flight is at 11am and I land in Orlando at 3:20, before I get the Magical Express to the Art of Animation to meet three other girls who I'm sharing a room with! We have booked the Ohana character breakfast at Disney's Polynesian for tomorrow morning, and to be honest, a lot of my thinking and dreaming last night was about what I'm going to have to eat! 😁

We'll be staying at the AoA for two nights before moving into CM accommodation on Monday. I'm in Chatham, which I'm very pleased about as it was my first choice! It's going to be a killer having to spend a few days in WDW without being able to go into the parks (we have to wait until we get our CM passes next week) but I'm sure we will find plenty to do. I'm thinking hotel hopping, Disney Springs and maybe a trip to see the Incredibles 2? We'll have to see!

Arrived safely in Orlando at 3pm, it was a long flight but I spent pretty much the whole time nattering to the lovely lady I was sat next to! She lives in Sarasota and gave me her address so I could come and stay if need be when I go travelling!

Bumped into these two CMs in the airport as they were waiting for their hotel mates, just as I am now! WiFi is a bit temperamental but it's 30 degrees outside and a bit stuffy inside. Hoping that security is quick for the girls because I'm dying to get on that magical express!

After a lot of waiting around, my friends have FINALLY made it through security so we have had our obligatory photo in front of the Disney wall outside the Disney Earport! It took all of my self control not to go inside and buy everything right now, I had to keep reminding myself of the cast member discounts! It feels like 11pm for me but it's only 6pm here in Orlando, and I'm shattered already! Onwards to Disney's Magical Express...

Collected a sticker already! 😂

I absolutely LOVE the Art of Animation! We chose not to have the maids visit our room over the weekend in return for $10 to spend in the hotel, so we got cheap pizza! We also bumped into loads more ICPs and had a good natter, before a walk around the pool and showers before bed. It's 22:15 here currently but feels like 03:15, and we've all been up since the crack of dawn after a sleepless night of excitement! It's been a very long day but we are looking forward to tomorrow! Currently, the plan is to have our character breakfast at the Polynesian before doing a bit of hotel hopping and heading over to Disney Springs to see the Incredibles 2. Then we will probably return to the hotel and chill in the pool for a bit, before showers and bed!

Thank you all for your lovely comments, I will DEFINITELY be keeping you updated! I don't have a laptop though so it's a bit difficult to reply to everyone, and I only have internet when I'm connected to WiFi. But I shall try my best to keep on top!

Goodnight 😁

Remember, you're the one who can fill the world with sunshine!
EvilQueen1937 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Wow the time has flown in!

It's all very exciting, have a magical time and if you see a loon talking about you before dragging her husband over to see you in August that will be me trying to decide if it really is you!

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
All sounds very exciting

Joan
Old 16 Jun 18, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Have a great flight and a marvellous adventure, looking forward to reading about your updates on here and Instagram ... enjoy it all
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
What an amazing experience for you, enjoy every minute
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
jacqui
VIP Dibber

Have a safe journey, and an incredible time. Will look out for you in 83 days!
Old 16 Jun 18, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile

Oooh so exciting I can't wait to read more
And too many canary/Balearic island visits to list
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Thank you for updating us -you’ll be on the plane by now I’m sure you will have an amazing time, but how harsh to be onsite at first with no park access!
We’ll look out for you when we visit in August.

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Looking forward to following along 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
kansaskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

So exciting Charlotte, we’ll look out for you in August! I am so jealous! Should definitely have done this before children, now will be living vicariously through you with these posts! Safe flight and hope you love your new room mates!