Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 13 Aug 17, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Usababe
Excited about Disney

4 FIRST TIMERS TO FLORIDA- food report July/ Aug 17

Travel day
Here's our food report from our first time to Florida! I'm quite fussy so I have quite plain food and the kids are quite fussy as well so it's only hubby that had diverse food.
We ate breakfast at Spinning Jenny at terminal 2 at Manchester airport. I'm sorry and was rubbish and have no photos but I had a sausage muffin and hubby had the full breakfast, kids each had a chocolate croissant and shared some toast!
After about 1.5 hours on the plane we were offered lunch

I had the chicken pesto pasta
which was quite nice. I don't like salad so that was left. The GU pud was delicious! The kids meals were pasta
which they tried but ended up eating the sandwiches we had bought at WHSmith at the terminal. Husband had the 'sausage and mash' but I didn't get a photo as he was sat at the other end of the row!
About an hour and a half before we landed we got a sandwich box
I'm not a big fan of relish etc but I ate the cheese sandwich with relish on and it didn't have a lot of relish on and I quite enjoyed it! The crisps and biscuit were lovely!
Once at the hotel and unpacked a little we headed to its quick service restaurant Gaspirella Grill picked up our refillable mugs and used our first quick service meals
kids had chicken nuggets meal which came with a side of grapes and both me and Mike had a bacon cheese burger with friestnis is mine without lettuce and tomato but Mike had it all on his
which was tasty! We filled our mugs with drinks so asked to substitute 2 drinks for desserts and it was ok- we got a slice of chocolate cake and a Mickey brownie to share

4 quick service meals used
We always got a table here but felt that the menu was limited a little, we didn't end up eating here a lot so this was fine and what we did have we enjoyed but husband felt that the breakfast hot items especially could have been a bit better.

Edited at 08:05 PM.
Usababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Great start
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Reading along.i don't like pesto or sausages so would have had to eat one of the kids sandwiches 😀
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Usababe
Excited about Disney

Day one- cinderellas royal table, peco bills, food at pool bar at Grand Floridian.

We had a 9.20 breakfast reservation at Cinderella's Royal Table. We were served an assortment of pastries to the table- I think it was about 5 pastries! Sorry didn't get a photo! Kids got mickey waffle, scrambled eggs and bacon
and they found out that they love maple syrup!
I had the traditional breakfast-eggs, sausage, bacon and potatoes
( I don't like eggs of any sort so I gave Mike those. Mike had beef tenderloin and egg.
On the menu it says ' potatoes and cheese frittata with broccolini and Boursin cheese sauce and chive oil' he said this was delicious! And he even ate the broccoli which he doesn't normally eat. We really liked the food and the castle environment was very special and the princesses were great. 4 table service credits used.

Later on we used 4 snack credits on 2 bottles of water, 1 lolly for Brooke and 1 pack of sweets for Ben. Not the best use of credits but we ended up with loads left at the end so it was no worry!
As we walked past Peco Bills Mike fancied getting something, the rest of us are not keen on Mexican so we didn't bother. He got the beef burrito and I had to tell him that he could have anything from the fixings bar, he didn't believe me at first but was happy to see other people doing it so he helped himself!
he really enjoyed this.
A bit later on we used 4 snack credits on ice creams, the boys got Olaf lollies

Brooke got a mickey ice cream bar
which she promptly dropped on the floor so she ended up having my mickey ice cream sandwich

When we got back to the hotel we went swimming and had tea from the pool bar, I'm sorry though but I have no photos but Ben had the kids pepperoni pizza with chocolate milk, Brooke had the kids chicken sandwich with chocolate milk, I had chicken nuggets and fries with a bottle of smart water and Mike had the chicken fresco sandwich with fries and a bottle of smart water- 4 quick service credits used.

Edited at 08:02 PM.
Usababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Oh fantastic start, loving your food trip. I could just go some of that pesto pasta right now, looks lovely. x
Old 15 Aug 17, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Following along. Glad CRT was nice. We are going for lunch in Oct😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Wow, CRT on the first day, great start. What a shame your DD dropped her ice cream! Looking forward to the next update.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Usababe
Excited about Disney

4 FIRST TIMERS TO FLORIDA- food report July/ Aug 17 day 2- starbucks at A.K, rain forest cafe

We had EMH at Animal Kingdom so we straight there and had no breakfast. After a few rides we headed to Starbucks, creature comforts I think it's called. I don't like coffee so I don't tend to go in any Starbucks here so I wasn't quite sure what we would be able to get. Kids chose chocolate chip cookies
cookies are perfectly fine for breakfast, right?!
I chose choc croissant
and Mike chose steak and egg tortilla
which he said was yummy. Kids got 2 chocolate milks,Mike got an orange juice and I tried a coffee free drink
the vanilla bean cream. This was gorgeous- a very vanilla tasting thin milkshake type thing and it soon became my favourite drink. Does anyone know if they serve them over here? I'm guessing not but you could get any size drink for a snack credit! We asked the cashier which would be the best way to get all the things and they took 3 Quick service credits instead of lots of snack credits.
Later on we paid OOP for some drinks at thirsty river bar- kids got a coke and sprite, Mike got a beer and they had peach snapps ( I'm not a big drinker and that is mainly what I only drink) I had this with sprite as they didn't have any proper lemonade.
We had a 2.15 reservation for Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdomnd our server was very attentive and he explained the whole dining plan to us and told us what was included and what wasn't etc
Ben had the kids pepperoni pizza
( he loves pizza and mostly ate this all holiday) Brooke had the grilled cheese sandwich which she didn't really like and she isn't a fan of fries either ( she's not my child! )

I had a plain cheeseburger
and Mike had primal steak (NY strip steak) with mash potatoes and he chose coleslaw as his side
he really enjoyed this and was surprised he could get steak on the dining plan.
Kids didn't have much of a choice for pudding so had 'lava mud'- creamy chocolate pudding with crushed Oreos and gummy worms
they weren't impressed with the choc pudding so just ate all the sweets! Mike and I shared the 'volcano'
which was both of our pudding credits but it was huge and the kids helped as well and it was delicious! It's chocolate brownie cake stacked up high served warm with vanilla ice cream with whipped topping with caramel and chocolate sauce.

Edited at 03:59 PM.
Old 16 Aug 17, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
My DS would love that chocolate volcano. It does look tasty!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimedream
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Great stuff loving these food reports😉
firsttimedream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List