Old 15 Nov 17, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
This was a fabulous report. I read it through over a period of nights while nursing the baby. Very entertaining.

So glad BWD found his way home. Last time our luggage was lost, they told us it had been delivered to the door and it most decidedly had not. Turns out it was delivered to an entirely different street with the same address. The neighbors were back from a trip and tired enough to not realize it was theirs, took it in, and then we're totally confused to have someone else's dirty laundry.
You're really kind. I'm glad I kept you entertained in the small hours. I think the most I ever got up to at that stage was watching news 24, I don't think I've ever been more up to date with current affairs than when I was breastfeeding!

How bizarre about your luggage...really weird isn't it? I have written out a postcard for the inside of each case with our full contact details in the event that the cases are lost and the luggage tags become detached so that if I have to give description of the contents to help them identify our case then I can just say there's a postcard with my name, address, phone number etc inside!. I think I've got it so covered there's no possible way we will ever lose cases again.

BWD will never again be relegated to steerage, first class ticket all the way from now on (well he will be stuffed into a back pack ). A couple of weeks ago DS, who is 13 now and taller than me already, had a sort out of his cuddly toys and 'donated' most of his disney plush to his sister. BWD and a handful of others still have a place on top of the wardrobe, but I daresay it won't be long before he considers himself too old for that.

Anyway, thank you for reading and commenting, I'm glad you enjoyed it as I enjoyed writing it. I hope you have fun taking your little one to wdw.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 17, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Jannyjan
Proud to wear my Ears

I once ordered a bloody Mary at sloppy joes in key west. Vile, had to swap drinks with the husband. I drank his beer no problem!
Jannyjan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 17, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Jannyjan
Proud to wear my Ears

What about a Pimms!
Jannyjan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 17, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jannyjan View Post
I once ordered a bloody Mary at sloppy joes in key west. Vile, had to swap drinks with the husband. I drank his beer no problem!
Originally Posted by Jannyjan View Post
What about a Pimms!
Funnily enough we were just reminded about the bloody Mary at my 3 year old nephews birthday lunch! Oh it was awful, never again, but we're both glad we tried it . A Pimms would have gone down well!

Thank you for reading!

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 17, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Just found this earlier today and have spent all evening having a binge read. Loved it!
Old 13 Dec 17, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by hornetgirl View Post
Just found this earlier today and have spent all evening having a binge read. Loved it!
Oh brilliant, I'm glad! I've taken so much advice from people on the dibb so it's nice to be able to share what we did and find that people enjoy it or find it useful.

By the way, one of the things I learned from you was about the amex 241 voucher so I'm trying to spend as much as possible on the amex now in the hope of being able to get business class flights to Orlando sometime soon! So, thank you!

Old 13 Dec 17, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh brilliant, I'm glad! I've taken so much advice from people on the dibb so it's nice to be able to share what we did and find that people enjoy it or find it useful.

By the way, one of the things I learned from you was about the amex 241 voucher so I'm trying to spend as much as possible on the amex now in the hope of being able to get business class flights to Orlando sometime soon! So, thank you!
Beware, once you do it once you’ll be hooked
Old 14 Dec 17, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by hornetgirl View Post
Beware, once you do it once you’ll be hooked
Haha, DH already thinks it's a false economy and we haven't got one yet, but I'm determined to see it through.

Old 7 Mar 18, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Yay I found it at last, I can't believe I'm so late to the party!
Ooh so where do I start? I am completely with you on Bloody Mary's, they are just bleurgh, yuck! They should be renamed Bloody Rank .
Katz Deli is deffo on the list for this summer, in fact funnily enough it was the only place Jim has requested! He sounds so much like David. Anytime I mention the Dibb he mocks me by calling it Dib Dib Dob Dob and saluting like a Scout! . They just don't get it do they?
Grand Central looks like a fab place for lunch, now on my ever growing list!
We also have Juniors written down, that cheesecake looks just yummy.
Max sounds just like both Hope and Sam. Chicken tenders, burgers or pizza all in rotation but at home will eat pretty much anything .
We really want to go to Ellen's but I just know my lot won't queue for it so maybe do breakfast instead like you guys did.
I cannot wait for an official NY bagel, the rainbow one looks amazing! I have also reshuffled the holy grail aka itinerary to add on the RIDE. I have heard many times on here how fab it is
I'm glad Max's foot was ok, how scary . This is exactly the kind of thing that would happen to Sam, so maybe we should Uber our journeys instead...
Right, off to bed but ill be back tomorrow for the Orlando sections!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 18, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Yay I found it at last, I can't believe I'm so late to the party!
Ooh so where do I start? I am completely with you on Bloody Mary's, they are just bleurgh, yuck! They should be renamed Bloody Rank .
Katz Deli is deffo on the list for this summer, in fact funnily enough it was the only place Jim has requested! He sounds so much like David. Anytime I mention the Dibb he mocks me by calling it Dib Dib Dob Dob and saluting like a Scout! . They just don't get it do they?
Grand Central looks like a fab place for lunch, now on my ever growing list!
We also have Juniors written down, that cheesecake looks just yummy.
Max sounds just like both Hope and Sam. Chicken tenders, burgers or pizza all in rotation but at home will eat pretty much anything .
We really want to go to Ellen's but I just know my lot won't queue for it so maybe do breakfast instead like you guys did.
I cannot wait for an official NY bagel, the rainbow one looks amazing! I have also reshuffled the holy grail aka itinerary to add on the RIDE. I have heard many times on here how fab it is
I'm glad Max's foot was ok, how scary . This is exactly the kind of thing that would happen to Sam, so maybe we should Uber our journeys instead...
Right, off to bed but ill be back tomorrow for the Orlando sections!
Oh, shudders at the memory of the BM. Never again!
I think it's brilliant that both our hubbies could only think of one thing to do in NYC and it was Katz deli. That was some tasty meat there though. The Juniors meal was fab too. Pretty reasonable for the big city too as it's right next to times square.
If you want proper NYC tips you really should check out Lyndas report, I remember being pretty starstruck when she posted a reply on here! Fuellady reading my report. It was the first one I'd written and at the time I didn't really think anyone would find it that interesting. So it was lovely when I got some positive feedback.
Ha ha kids are all the same and as I don't want an argument I just let the burgers, pizza, nuggets rotations slide on by.
And I'm really glad you're going to squeeze in the Ride, it was fab.

Xx