Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 10 Oct 17, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Day 2 - 18th Sept: Epcot - Food & Wine Festival Booths

We loaded up a little wrist gift card with $200 before heading over to World Showcase.

This was really handy - it meant I could charge it to my Clarity card (this getting a better exchange rate than on cash) and it was so easy to pay for things over a few Disney visits. They just scan it with a little barcode reading scanny gun and you're away.

We didn't spend it all in one day - thankfully!

For a change we went round WS clockwise. It was SO hot (and unfortunately we struggled to manage eating all the things we had planned to )

Farm Fresh

Crispy Chicken with Griddled Cornbread and Red Eye Gravy – $4.75

Two thumbs up. It was really nice, especially the sweet cornbread which had a lovely crispy crust to it.

Mexico

Rib Eye Taco: Marinated Rib Eye, Roasted Chipotle Sauce and Grilled Scallions on a Corn Tortilla — (GF) – $6.75

We waited ages for this to be ready after ordering as they had run out of sauce. Let's just say it was not worth waiting for.

The meat wasn't very tender at all and quite fatty, we didn't like the taste of the sauce & it dripped watery liquid every time you tried to hold it. The texture of the Tortilla was weird.

A complete bust on this one.

China

Beijing Roasted Duck Bao Bun with Hoisin Sauce – $6.50

You can't really see it under the topping but there was plenty of duck in this. It was nice duck too, not the stuff that you sometimes get that is more fat/skin than meat. The sauce was really deep & rich too.

Spicy Chicken Bao Bun – $5.25

Now this looks ridiculous! but we just got a bad one because the other coming out had more garnish. This was Andy's pick & being as though he isn't a fan of most garnishes he was more than happy.

It's basically a spicy chicken goujon in a soft pillowy steamed bun. The added bits on top should have been spring onion & szechuan peppers I think.

He enjoyed it but thought he should have drizzled on some of the Sriracha sauce they provide.

Refreshment Cool Post

Not technically a F&W booth but it did have a few festival offerings. I don't think this was one - I believe it is available year round.

Frozen Brown Elephant: Frozen Coca-Cola Slushy layered with Amarula Cream Liqueur - $11

Hard to describe but absolutely delicious!

Can't believe I've not had one before. Sweet but still really refreshing. It was almost fizzy yet slightly creamy.

An odd combo but it just worked.

Germany

Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll – $5.25

Not a great deal to say about this. It was tasty but nothing worth shouting from the rooftops about.

They did have a live band and yodeller on whilst we sat & ate it which was a great atmosphere, though.

France

Boeuf Bourguignon, Purée de Pommes de Terre: Cabernet Sauvignon Braised Beef with Mashed Potatoes – $6.25

If you have read any of my previous dining reports, you will know that Andy absolutely adores this dish. He has it every time - sometimes even two at a time as his lunch.

It is really good though. The meat just breaks apart at the slightest touch.

La Passion Martini Slush: Vodka, Grey Goose Le Citron, Cranberry and Passion Fruit Juice – $10.75

Nice but not as good as the regular Grand Marnier offering. I missed the cute plastic martini glass too.

New Zealand

Lamb Meatball with Spicy Tomato Chutney – $5.25

Loved it before - loved it again!

The tomato sauce is light and has a subtle aniseed flavor (from what I guess are fennel seeds). I'm not an aniseed lover but it really works.

Edited at 01:52 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 17, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lau-nicole
Excited about Disney

Mobile

The frozen brown elephant drink sounds really nice! I've added that to my list for Epcot
Lau-nicole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 17, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Some tasty treats from food and wine, sounds like you had fun.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 17, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyme
Excited about Disney

Love your food reports! Thanks for the F&W reviews- some more items to note down on my snack list
disneyme is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 17, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Day 2 - 18th Sept: Bahama Breeze

Just a quick drink stop before dinner. We sat outside & listened to the steel drums. It was lovely.

One Love

Mine looked prettier though.

The flower was edible but I didn't eat it.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 17, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Day 2 - 18th Sept: Millers Ale House

It was rather busy but we still got seated at a booth straight away.

Just sodas to drink so no picture.

Zingers Salad for me.

Our World Famous Zingers® tossed in your choice of sauce over fresh greens with tomatoes, cucumbers, celery and Monterey Jack & cheddar cheese.

I was given a choice of dressing & went for ranch. My Zingers sauce choice was Zesty Garlic which was fairly spicy.

I didn't want anything too heavy having been snacking around WS earlier on. When it came I was a tad disappointing with it's size but it was actually quite filling & very tasty. The bowl is quite deep which is deceptive.

Andy chose Combo Fajitas.

Grande! A full flat iron steak and grilled marinated chicken breast served on a bed of onions and peppers with warm flour tortillas, shredded lettuce, fresh pico de gallo, cheddar cheese and sour cream.

They were "grande" indeed, although he didn't eat the peppers/onions. He liked these and preferred the steak to the chicken.

There was a side of fries that Andy ordered too which I can just see peeking into one of the pictures.

A reasonably priced, delicious meal - just what was needed.

Edited at 04:44 PM.
Old 11 Oct 17, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Totally agree about the rib-eye taco from Mexico - I hated it!

And also glad you didn't put me to shame and manage to keep up with a live report. I failed after 5 days

Looking forward to reading more!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 17, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Food & Wine looks fun. I used to love Strawberry Slush with Baileys in my student days, so I understand the 'hard to explain how the Brown Elephant tastes' but imagine it was yummy!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 17, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh so loving this report, thanks xxxxxxxxxxxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 17, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Loving this 😀😀
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List