Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 19 Sep 17, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I'm not doing day 4 today. I just spent ages writing it up and then accidentally clicked the wrong thing and lost it . More tomorrow!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I'm not doing day 4 today. I just spent ages writing it up and then accidentally clicked the wrong thing and lost it . More tomorrow!
oh no
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
oh no
I know! I'm sure I'd written something really witty too . I have no plans tomorrow so I'll get on it then.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Denny's do do that up sell, they always ask if you want cheese on eggs or potatoes and then it would be 99c extra. They should make it clear.

The meatloaf at toothsome looks just like the one at WPE.

We didn't do any QS at Universal this time.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Denny's do do that up sell, they always ask if you want cheese on eggs or potatoes and then it would be 99c extra. They should make it clear.

The meatloaf at toothsome looks just like the one at WPE.

We didn't do any QS at Universal this time.
We didn't grudge the 99c but did think she should have told us. She was the only server we had that was sub par.

The meatloaf was the same presentation at WPE but not as nice.

I don't think we'll do any QS again and just eat lunch at Citywalk next time.

Trip Report Index
Old 20 Sep 17, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Really enjoying this so far. I love dining reports

Such a shame about that Smores dessert from Toothsome... nothing worse than looking forward to a gorgeous looking treat only for it to be thoroughly disappointing! All form and no function

Look forward to the next update.
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Read your last food report. Looking forward to this one! 😋

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
We don't have enough credits! 16 nights Universal and Disney (DDP) September 2017 - Day 4

We were checking out of Universal today and planned to blitz our favourite rides in IoA then US. We had no big breakfast planned and bought Cinnabon the day before to have.

I got a Classic. This was nice but not as good the next day and cold.

Marie got the Caramel Pecanbon.

We re-activated the mugs again today having learned our lesson. Around mid-morning we used them to get an ICEE. This has to be done at one of the kiosks that sell them, not at the Coke Freestyle machines. While there we got a churro to share as we were a bit hungry.

For some reason I've no notes on lunch but I know we ate at Hard Rock Café. I had bought a couple of the pre-paid meals on Floridatix for Ł18 each. It's a set menu including main, soft drink and dessert which last year was ice cream. I hadn't planned on buying them until the exchange rate tanked and I thought they may be worth it. Looking at the website now you can't get the one we got, the Bluegrass menu and what you can get is very expensive!

Some interior photos.

Odd to find a yellow coat from Hi-de-hi in the Hard Rock Café!

I got the honey mustard chicken sandwich. This was nice but nothing special.

Marie got a burger.

This was fine but we both agreed we'd prefer to be able to choose from the whole menu next time so between that and the price increase we won't get this deal again. We also decided we didn't fancy ice cream so declined dessert. 15% tip is included but we left a few dollars anyway.

On the way out of US we bought another Lard Lad donut. Great idea given we were heading to Disney with free dining! As it was I think I had one wee bit then it ended up getting thrown out.

When we arrived at POR we picked up our refillable mugs and I used a snack credit on a Magic Cookie Bar.

We headed to AK and fancied a drink so used 2 snack credits on slushies from Zuri's sweet shop in Africa . These are called Goofy's Glaciers.

I chose a strawberry and mango one after the kid in front of us was offered this .

Marie chose mango only but I don't seem to have a picture. These were nice but hard to drink with the paper straws they give you in AK.

Dinner was Yak & Yeti using our other Landry birthday reward as we knew we didn't have enough credits for all the TS we wanted to do (hence the title). We had booked an ADR as it's better for us to have a timetable and were seated quickly upstairs.

I ordered a passion fruit Shanghai Lemonade.

Marie ordered a Big Bamboo which contained rum, coconut rum, banana liqueur and tropical fruit juices.

Since we were DDP free we decided to order a starter to share. Having read so much about them I suggested the Wok Fried Green Beans and Marie agreed.

These were fab! Marie in particular enjoyed them.

While waiting for our mains a party arrived at the table across the way (behind me). I could hear one of the women asking if she could charge her phone and saying to the CM "I don't mind if you take it away to charge it"! The CM politely said no but that there was a plug point a few feet away if she wanted to use it. I couldn't see the woman but could hear the tone of voice she used and she was so rude! I was commenting to Marie about how some people think those in the service industry are literally there to serve and Marie said that her facial expression when she was told no was like a spoiled child who's entire day had been ruined. Some people!

Anyway, on to our mains. There was a special menu that I haven't seen at Y&Y before but was very "Landry's". On it was a chicken and waffle dish with an Asian twist that Marie chose.

She really enjoyed this.

Not on the menu but described by our server was a snapper in a coconut curry sauce which sounded nice so I had that.

This was lovely. I had been expecting more korma but this was more Thai curry in flavouring. The Y&Y was also the only place I burnt my tongue and had to blow on my food because it was actually hot!
This cost us $53 once the $25 birthday reward had been taken off and we charged it to our room.

Total DDP credits used - 3 snacks.

Trip Report Index
Old 20 Sep 17, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by ShezMcQ View Post
Really enjoying this so far. I love dining reports

Such a shame about that Smores dessert from Toothsome... nothing worse than looking forward to a gorgeous looking treat only for it to be thoroughly disappointing! All form and no function

Look forward to the next update.
Thanks!

That's exactly how I'd describe that smores cake!

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Read your last food report. Looking forward to this one! 😋

Kat
Thank you!

Trip Report Index
Old 20 Sep 17, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
We don't have enough credits! 16 nights Universal and Disney (DDP) September 2017 - Day 5

So getting into our stride with being back on DDP we had a breakfast ADR at Be Our Guest booked for before park opening. We had a latte in the room and I nibbled on some magic cookie bar while we were getting ready.

We arrived at BoG just in time for our 8.15am ADR after taking a wrong turn (thought it was a short cut) and waiting ages at each stop on the resort monorail. We had pre-ordered which I would always recommend as it cuts the time down considerably.

Marie ordered the Croque Madam. Both meals came with a bowl of fruit.

I chose the open ham and egg sandwich which comes on a croissant.

We also got the tray of pastries.

We really enjoyed this. The food wasn't particularly hot but mine came with salad on it so I'm not sure how hot it was meant to be. The pastries were nice except the brown mini muffin which I thought was chocolate and turned out to be something else! Maybe bran?

This would have been $48 (plus tax) and drink was included. A bit much for paying OOP but worth it for 2 QS credits which we used. If you book a pre-park opening ADR though I think it could be worth $24 to get on 7DMT with a 10 minute wait.

Mid-morning we had a Le Fous Brew which I always enjoy but always find the CMs in Gastons have a bit of an attitude. We used 2 snack credits.

Lunch was Pecos Bills as we'd really enjoyed it last year.

I changed my mind in the queue a dozen times but finally decided on the soft tacos which came with chicken and ground beef (chilli to us), yellow rice, lettuce and tomato. I got cheese and sour cream from the "fixins" bar.

Marie got chilli nachos.

We also used a snack credit to share churros for dessert but my photos of this meal are terrible and that one is blurred.
We really enjoyed this again. We used 2 QS credits and 1 snack. What I did notice was that using a snack for dessert always had to be done in a different transaction.

We went to Walmart in the afternoon to get some "hurricane supplies". At this point we didn't know for sure Irma would hit but wanted to make sure we had some water at least and some food. The water was being handed out 3 per family at the back of the store which I thought was great to avoid people stockpiling however they didn't advertise it and we came upon it by accident after hunting the store.
We got some crisps, muffins, mini crullers, rolls and cheese.

We also got a cookies and cream pie and some peanut M&Ms that weren't hurricane related!

Dinner was Chef Art Smiths Homecomin'. We had seen this on dining reports and I really fancied it.

I went for the Famous Fried Chicken. This came with mashed potato and I was offered the sausage gravy on the side.

Marie had the chopped pork which came with mac n cheese.

I really enjoyed mine but I don't think I was blown away. Marie really enjoyed the mac n cheese. I would definitely go back though. We got dessert to go.

I got the Hummingbird Cake which was lovely.

Marie got donuts which she felt were "fatty" and didn't eat them.

This would have cost $83.60 but cost us 2 TS credits plus tip.

Trip Report Index