Notices

Old 3 Nov 17, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Do You Want To Read My Trippie ? 31st Oct . Early Morning Magic , Contemporary Stay And Mnsshp

So first was Early morning magic , an overnight stay at the contemporary and mnsshp. Busy busy day and 2 of our party still unwell and 2 others feeling off it.

Anyway a 6am start ( obscene time) and we still managed to be late. After a sprint like Husain bolt m across the contemporary check in , I grabbed our new magic bands and off we went. The others worked perfectly fine but the new ones needed to be activated although I had done olci. So it was a beautiful morning I had debated whether to book this but decided to in the end to tie in with the contemporary stay. A lot of people feel you dint benefit from a 1 night stay but for us it means no mad crush to get back to the hotel after a long day , a bit of Disney magic and a beautiful hotel. So I think it's well worth it and that's without the 60 day fastpass and free parking and magic bands .
Anyway Main Street was already open at 7:45am for a 9am opening and pretty busy but we had to go round to fantasy land. I reckon there were around 100 doing the EMM. We got our wristband and was told the carousel , Peter Pan, Winnie and mine train were all available to us. So we did the mine train 12 times on the trot ( mum didn't ) and the youngest ds loved it. We also did Winnie just because we could and wouldn't do our again. Around 8:50 we wandered across to buzz and rode that twice at 9am and then the speedway. By now feeling hungry we headed towards Pinocchio haus for our complimentary breakfast. You ask for the hot stuff but pastries , yogurts, fruit are available . To be honest now I've done it thought EMM was well worth the money, for us anyway. I didn't take many photos as 2 of us looked like death warmed up and I was feeling a bit of it so just soaked up the atmosphere instead of concentrating on photos. I have the memories so that's enough for me

So we left magic kingdom around noon and headed back to Contemporary as our room was now ready. I had booked a garden room direct with Disney .Last time they gave us an upgrade to the atrium, but this time we had a garden room but I wasnt disappointed at all. It's was beautiful .

I love it here. The beds are like clouds and the hotel is beautiful and relaxed despite being so close to MK.
But this is where things take a turn for the worse. I had a reservation booked for dinner at CRT at 4pm so Mum said she would like a lie down while we went and sat by the pool. We returned about and hr or so later to find she was really ill again and was vomiting again. She was quiet upset as she was so looking forward to today overall and knew deep down she just wasnt well enough for either CRT or mnsshp . We decided we wouldn't go either but mum bring mum insisted we went as she wanted to sleep. After a lot of debating she practically pushed us out of the room and said have a good time . It just wasnt the same as we hadn't intended it just being us.
We went over to crt and explained mum was ill so wouldn't be joining us. To be fair they were fabulous and without asking refunded mums dinner price which I thought was so nice of them.
We got seated upstairs after our photo with Cinderella and had bob ( or sir bob as he was to be known ) as our server . He was fab. We had our dinner which actually was really nice . Dh, ds and I had soup and pork and youngest had chicken . For dessert we all asked for the clock strikes 12 but what I didnt know was my dh had spent hrs on the phone arranging for the chocolate slipper for my birthday . He never arranges anything really ( just agrees with stuff when I ask him ) so for me this was massive. So I cried . It wasnt the same without mum and I was a little overwhelmed but it was beautiful.

After we had eaten bob brought us all a crt sword. I asked about a wand and he said there was a massive mix up with the ordering so everyone now got swords until it was sorted out anyway the meal was lovely and a lovely surprise as well.

Next it was time for mnsshp. We had collected our bands when we went for CRT so we didn't have to mess after. We had a few fastpasses so did those then decided what to do. We don't do character meets because the queues are mad , same goes for photopass. So it's mainly rides and treats. We still weren't 100% ourselves so it was more of a steady pace as we've done it twice before anyway . We normally do the fireworks then 2nd parade then hocus pocus at midnight but by 8:50 I was flagging . Dh went and got me an iced water from Starbucks and then we made our way to find somewhere to sit as I felt really ill. We found a spot at the top of main Street and decided to wait for the 1st parade. It was a pretty good spot considering it was 10 minutes before.

We decided to stay on Main Street and watch the fireworks but started to stroll further towards the hub. In fact we got a fantastic spot again with no hustle or bustle . As always hallowishes was brilliant even though I was ready for passing out. We decided to stroll to the treat trails as our bags looked pity full and the kids did the rides along the way. Apart from haunted mansion the rest were pretty much walk ons. Mine train was 30 mins and big thunder was walk on.

Stumbled across these guys and it was a fabulous meet and greet with no wait and I love the gravediggers so I was a happy girl

We stayed around big thunder for a while and came out with 8 full bags of sweets. A ridiculous amount to be honest but the kids loved it. We went back to check on mum so did t stay until the end this time.
The next day Disney refunded mums mnsshp ticket. They went all out because they really didn't have to as it's non refundable but I was truly grateful as it was $122.
The contemporary staff and guest services but went out of their way to help in anyway they could to be honest. Despite everything we all still had a fabulous stay anyway even under the circumstances.
Thanks for reading if you got this far . X

Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 17, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Sounds like a fab start to your day and sometimes the memories are more than enough.
Old 3 Nov 17, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
caro
Excited about Disney

I often forget/don't bother to take photos when caught up in the experience of the day! Sometimes you just want to enjoy it rather than constantly being stuck behind a camera/phone.
caro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 17, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lots of rides done

Joan
Old 3 Nov 17, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Mobile

Sound like a fantastic day despite the illnesses. I’ve hardly taken any photos and if there are any I avoid being in them myself !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 17, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like you definitely crammed the rides in. A great morning.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 17, 05:32 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Mexy02 - 4 Nov 17 4:32 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 17, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Just catching up Sam, your poor mum but well done to Disney refunding your mums booking and ticket fee, hope she's feeling better now and it hasn't affected anymore of you.
Who says a Yorkshireman hasn't got a romantic bone in his body ( wait maybe that's just me who says that about mine 😳😳😳 ) well done to your hubby on the slipper surprise ❤️, I'd have cried too.
Hotel looks lovely as do the photos you've added. Hope you are all having a great time
Sam x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 17, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Just catching up Sam, your poor mum but well done to Disney refunding your mums booking and ticket fee, hope she's feeling better now and it hasn't affected anymore of you.
Who says a Yorkshireman hasn't got a romantic bone in his body ( wait maybe that's just me who says that about mine 😳😳😳 ) well done to your hubby on the slipper surprise ❤️, I'd have cried too.
Hotel looks lovely as do the photos you've added. Hope you are all having a great time
Sam x
Hi Sam , yes she’s much better now thank you. Still not eating a great deal but back on her feet . Callum is still not 100% and I get cramps after food so we still aren’t great but carrying on. I’m trying to catch up but today is full on with 3 parks today 😳 I’ve cancelled so much a rescheduled stuff but to be fair every company have gone beyond without any hassle at all. I’ll send you a message later xx
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Hi Sam , yes she’s much better now thank you. Still not eating a great deal but back on her feet . Callum is still not 100% and I get cramps after food so we still aren’t great but carrying on. I’m trying to catch up but today is full on with 3 parks today 😳 I’ve cancelled so much a rescheduled stuff but to be fair every company have gone beyond without any hassle at all. I’ll send you a message later xx
Three parks today sounds pretty full on enjoy and maybe soak your feet later lol x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List