Notices

Old 3 Jan 18, 06:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

SoCal Christmas 2017: Day 11 San Diego - Seaworld

The day began with the usual breakfast at a reasonable time! J and I went down to the boardwalk to get a coffee. We were treated to the sight of a pod of dolphins - as usual though difficult to get a photo of!

Today's attraction was Seaworld. I had got the tickets off Travelzoo - a 7 day ticket cost $60 instead of $90 for a day ticket on the door. We didn't think we would go for more than a day but it was still better value!

Seaworld didn't open till 11am but we got there at 10.30 which was just as well as it took me 20 minutes to change the vouchers for a real ticket!

They let people in and held everyone until 11am in a holding zone. J took the bag whilst the kids and I got ready to hit Manta - the only rollercoaster open!

We went on twice whilst it was pretty much walk-on. O declared it pretty tame but F and I enjoyed it!

We then went to Dolphin challenge. We were all lucky enough to touch one of the dolphins. The trainers explained how they train them - with a healthy dose of explaining how much work Seaworld do rescuing animals.

It was nice to see these fabulous creatures!

Next stop was an early lunch - pretty standard theme park fare. F had a veggie burger, O and I had fish and chips, J a salad plus strawberries came to $60. It wasn't that great but filled a hole.

Our first show was the Dolphin one. It was very funny seeing people in the wet zone get very very wet!

The show was fun but quite short - less than 15 minutes long.

It was also pretty hot in the arena. Today was much warmer than yesterday.

Everyone then moved over yo the sea-lion arena. The warm up act was very funny.

As was the actual show based on TV shows. We all rated it as the best show we saw! We laughed a lot!

We walked through the Turtle tanks.

We then went on the Artic Adventure - a simulator ride. As O said, that was15 minutes of our life we will never get back. At least it was walk on!

Next up was the Orca show. The three fish sat in the soak zone while I stayed in the dry zone.

Again the whales did a lot of soaking but thankfully the others didn't get too wet (unlike people in the first few rows).

Again there was a lot of information about their recovery programmes.

By now we had seen all the shows and decided to leave. I think in reality we are not big theme park visitors. J doesn't do rollercoasters and none of us go crowds very well. I am glad we went but a day was enough!

Once back at the apartment, wetsuits were put on and we went down to the beach. This was another of the statues that seemed to be dotted around. Probably my favourite one!

I went to get a coffee and a tea for J.

Again, my three were the last ones in the water.

Once back a fridge clearout tea was had - veggie omelettes, pizza, pittas!

A quick trip out to Staples (20 Sharpies for $10) and the supermarket (more cookies) and then back to watch Forrest Gump!

Edited at 06:54 AM.
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 18, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 3 Jan 18 5:51 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 18, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

What a great day, my lot are into Sea World - they find it all a bit boring and the rides don't make up for it, so I think it'll be a while till we're back in any Sea World park. Your fish are going to miss their evenings in the sea, I don't imagine they'd be doing that back home?
Old 3 Jan 18, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good day

Joan
Old 4 Jan 18, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I like the pelican too. Sounds like a great day at Seaworld.
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Ah we love SeaWorld, sounds like you had a fun morning and more time at the water in the afternoon. You are having such a great pace to these days
Wow 20 Sharpies for $10 -- now that's a bargain !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
dozy
Imagineer

dozy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
amazing sunsets

dozy does de west... vegas baby
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=886432
dozy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
What a great day, my lot are into Sea World - they find it all a bit boring and the rides don't make up for it, so I think it'll be a while till we're back in any Sea World park. Your fish are going to miss their evenings in the sea, I don't imagine they'd be doing that back home?
We have never been to Seaworld before so we wanted to try it. I think the SD one is smaller than the Orlando one. It was worth going but a day was enough.

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Good day

Joan
Thanks Joan

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I like the pelican too. Sounds like a great day at Seaworld.
I loved the pelican - just something about it!

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Ah we love SeaWorld, sounds like you had a fun morning and more time at the water in the afternoon. You are having such a great pace to these days
Wow 20 Sharpies for $10 -- now that's a bargain !
The sharpies were a bargain! Useful for F's school projects.

Originally Posted by dozy View Post
amazing sunsets
You can't beat a good sunset!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
FloRidaLvr
VIP Dibber

Have really enjoyed reading your trip report so far , cheering me up on a very cold day , lol. Also giving me ideas for another holiday !
I have to say that your photos are so beautiful , they have a dreamy quality . That might sound funny but it's the first word that came to mind. Thanks for sharing
Florida 95 to 2006, Mexico/Belize 2007, Florida 08 to 2012, California Apr 13, Detroit/Florida April 14 , Naples Nov 14, AMI May 15 , Naples Nov 15, West Coast May 16, AMI Nov 16, Naples Nov 17 , AMI May 18, Naples Nov 18, AMI May 19 , Naples Nov 19, AMI May 22, Bonita Springs Nov 22, Bonita Springs May 23
FloRidaLvr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FloRidaLvr View Post
Have really enjoyed reading your trip report so far , cheering me up on a very cold day , lol. Also giving me ideas for another holiday !
I have to say that your photos are so beautiful , they have a dreamy quality . That might sound funny but it's the first word that came to mind. Thanks for sharing
Thank you so much - they are just from my iphone7!

I would 100% recommend Joshua Tree and San Diego!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg