Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Feb 18, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Is single rider a good choice?

I've never really thought about doing single rider before, but I've read a few people on here mention it. There's only the two of us going so I had just assumed we would go on everything together. Does it make sense to try and use single rider when possible to cut down on waiting times? Does it ever work out that you can be on the same one together?
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post

We habitually use single rider now where we can (if we haven't got FOTL passes at US/IOA or Fastpass at Disney) as it can save so much time. But if the other half of your party isn't a big thrill ride fan and needs support then maybe not such a great idea, or if you want to get the ride photos.

ETA: sometimes oyu do get lucky and get on the same ride together but can't bank on it. but usually when one gets on a ride the other will follow pretty soon after so no long waits after the ride.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We do loads of things single rider saves loads of time and we sometimes are on together
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ConnorD
Excited about Disney

We mainly do single rider now except for the odd ride (especially a new ride).
ConnorD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney2010
Imagineer

Disney2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Single rider is easier & you're often on the next car after them so don't end up waiting long for one another at the end

Zoe x
Old 21 Feb 18, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks guys This is my boyfriends first time going to a proper theme park so I doubt we'll go it alone on the first few, but after that I was maybe thinking about it! Even though I know what's coming I get very jittery in the queue waiting to go on which is what puts me off. I always love it as soon as I'm on though.
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Spooks Dad
Very Serious Dibber

For me we tend to ride together as we want to experience the rides as a family. We did use single rider when my boy was too small to ride but would always prefer to ride togethe.r
Spooks Dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sixpence18
Serious Dibber

We use single rider whenever we can. It honestly genuinely saves so much time! You can massively cut down your wait times. It’s only ever myself and my husband who go.
It’s not like you can talk on the rides anyway! So you’ll queue together and you’re either in the same car together or not far behind.
sixpence18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I've found single rider works well at Expedition Everest and sometimes Test Track. However Rock n Roller can be terrible for single rider and can take as long as the standby line (I think I even remember seeing signs up now that say that your wait time in single rider may not be shorter than standby).
Old 22 Feb 18, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
N52939
Apprentice Imagineer

Single rider works well on certain rides. Test Track is good as you can bypass the 'faff' of designing your car that the regular and fast pass lines do not let you do. Everest tends to work pretty well on single rider as well. Those are the 2 rides we use single rider although we do prefer to use fastpass if possible on Everest.
N52939 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List