Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 24 Feb 18, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Toy Story Land & HS strategy

As Toy story land opens at the beginning of our 2nd week - what would you all do?

Do you think that HS will be quieter during our first week before it opens - so we could go and enjoy toy story mania, star tours etc.

Then book a F/P for the slinky dog coaster for the second week and not expect to get on anything else.

Or will it be very busy for both weeks ?

any advice
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

I think your strategy is a good one as I'm sure after offical opening the park will be busy. You also find a soft opening in the week upto the offical one which would be a bonus.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Forgot to mention we will be trying to get in for the EMH that are on everyday of our last week and slightly later closing times.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

It's very unlikely you will be able to access TSM in your first week. They're moving the entrance into TSL itself and with soft opens bound to be running, I'm guessing they'll only be using that one and closing off the old one completely. You may get lucky and get to go into the soft open though if it's not reserved for CM/AP only.

As for the park being quieter that week, think it's fully going to depend on the soft opening policy. There could be more people than usual heading over hoping to get early access, making the park seem even busier. Especially since the bulk of guests don't stay more than a week, so won't be there the following week for open. But attendance as a whole may be down if people delay their trip slightly in order to go once it's open.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 01:34 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Try and get slinky fast pass, and get in for 7am to ride all the other stuff.
That’s what I am doing come 22 July.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We are due to arrive the second week of July. I have planned two 7am openings staying until about 12pm then out and 1pm for a lunch. Then I’ve planned to go back one of those evenings for Famtasmic and another evening just for the Star Wars fireworks. I’m hoping touringplans will come up with a proposed strategy but if not I’m heading into Toy Story Land at 7am both days and will use FPP for the other attractions. DD and I plan to be at the park for 6.20am, leaving Beach Club at 6am and walking. Good luck!
Old 25 Feb 18, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
We are due to arrive the second week of July. I have planned two 7am openings staying until about 12pm then out and 1pm for a lunch. Then I’ve planned to go back one of those evenings for Famtasmic and another evening just for the Star Wars fireworks. I’m hoping touringplans will come up with a proposed strategy but if not I’m heading into Toy Story Land at 7am both days and will use FPP for the other attractions. DD and I plan to be at the park for 6.20am, leaving Beach Club at 6am and walking. Good luck!
TP is great for existing attractions, but I would ignore it for TSL that soon after opening. They won't have enough data to form accurate plans. For the first few weeks, they were advising only a 10 minute wait at FOP arriving 20 minutes after open. Which was incredibly inaccurate and upset a lot of users trusting the plan. I don't know their algorithms but presumably this would have been based on historic wait times for the entire park rather than specifically FOP. Which makes sense, as AK had never seen FOP level queues before.

Assuming you don't have a a FP for it, get there early (i.e. before 6:30am for a 7am open as you're planning) and head straight for Slinky would be my advice. Probably a coin toss on the other two for which order to do them in. Although I'd probably be happier to wait longer for TSM than the saucers, so I'd probably head to the latter before the queues shifted over. I'd still FP one of these three though, there's not that many other things to book in HS - and may depend if they change the tiers or not.

Edited at 03:48 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List