Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 6 Apr 17, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Eerbeer17
Earning More Ears

There is one right when you take exit 49 on the 417 (north bound) towards the Airport which has normal gas prices. It's called Kangaroo Express and I saw it too late and therfore had to hand in the car 7/8 full... But fortunately no extra charges.
Eerbeer17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Eerbeer17 View Post
There is one right when you take exit 49 on the 417 (north bound) towards the Airport which has normal gas prices. It's called Kangaroo Express and I saw it too late and therfore had to hand in the car 7/8 full... But fortunately no extra charges.
Thanks
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

I always take the Alamo offer, I have enough to think about on 'going home' day without trying to work out if I'm running on fumes. It might cost me a couple of dollars more but it's worth every cent to me.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

The first time we went we flew into Sanford and I took the pre-pay option, I remember thinking I am not taking this back with anything left in it so wouldn't put any fuel in towards the end of the holiday, on the way back to Sanford the petrol light came on and DW was panicking so had to get off the 417 and put $5 in to calm her down.

I take it back full now and fill up at the 7 eleven at the junction of the 535 and 536 then head up the 417 and the gauge is still on full at MCO.
Old 6 Apr 17, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tea View Post
I'm not a northerner Andy but I'm with you on that one
Would I rather have the stress of driving on fumes vs the stress of trying to find a reasonably priced petrol station close enough to the airport is *actually* my real conundrum!
Its easy you simply fuel up the day before you leave at any station that suits your pocket ( Brim it ) then on the way to the airport you simply need to top it up a couple of dollars so it does not matter if you get ripped of by airport gas station prices as its only a few dollars.

The trying to drive back on fumes nether works out you always end up filling it with far to much fuel and give the rental company free gas.

You can use orlandogasprices to get prices and locations of stations before you go and while your there
Old 6 Apr 17, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Originally Posted by elmspenguin View Post
I take it back full now and fill up at the 7 eleven at the junction of the 535 and 536 then head up the 417 and the gauge is still on full at MCO.
We do exactly this.

Have done DH insisting on driving back to the airport on fumes before, it's not a nice relaxing end to a holiday. Take back full now.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
The trying to drive back on fumes nether works out you always end up filling it with far to much fuel and give the rental company free gas.
Works for me every time... around six miles on the Cruise Range gauge last May. Easily done if you have a sat Nav.
If I give the rental company $5 of free gas so be it. But I also throw $$$ at them by using Plate Pass too.
I see these charges as convenience charges, as I'm on my holibubs and need a break from counting and justifying spends like I do at home.

Each to their own of course
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 05:52 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Personal choice, I take a one day hire from/to MCO to Pine Island, so full to full. Use under half a tank each journey, although when we did have longer hires we still had full to full option, the idea of sucking back fumes to get the motor to the airport doesn't appeal
Old 7 Apr 17, 06:14 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Also depends on vehicle. I normally either have a big people carrier or a bus, and pre pay can be a good deal via usarenta car etc
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
kcanderson
Imagineer

Done both options many times , last time out we were full to full , there was a hurricane forecast on our day of departure ,despite gas stations on every corner most had no fuel left , prepay all the way for us now
kcanderson is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List