Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 4 Apr 17, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Car Hire Help Please

Hi all!

we are planning our first family trip to Orlando, my wife has been amazing planning everything and its going to be an amazing holiday thanks to her, but we come to my bit and i dont want to mess my little tiny part up...

So

Car hire

Best 'deal' i have found so far is Hertz for a full size group F vehicle, just for the purpose of price finding i set, the dates are correct the times may alter a little
Pick Up time
Sat, 06 May, 2017 at 17:00
Return time
Sat, 20 May, 2017 at 17:00

It says on the quote;

INCLUDED IN THE RATES
Airport Concession Recovery Fee
Loss Damage Waiver
Tax
Liability Insurance Supplement
Vehicle Licence Fee (VLF)
State/Customer Facility Charge
Vehicle licensing cost recovery
Energy Surcharge
Unlimited Free Miles Included

Now it keeps mentioning additional extras payable at pick up and says 'Supercover'

Ive seen several posts saying that you wont get away from the desk without it but i cant find a quote for it

Price for all abouve ive been given is £410.32 but i want to this all paid before we go and dont want any nasty surprises that i have to pay when we pick up

Anyone help me get my little bit right please

Edited at 09:57 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Hi Bill
Welcome to the DIBB.
Booking through Hertz.co.uk has all the insurance you need. Join Hertz Gold Rewards, free, before booking. This allows you to go straight to the garage and also choose a different car from the one allocated ( limited choice though) If your an AA member you can get a discount of 10% with Hertz. There was a good Amex discount code but you had to pay on arrival in $.
Alex

Edited at 09:54 AM.
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Ive just found AlamoBrits

Looks like full insurance cover for same size car for £350, just checking all the insurance info now...
Old 4 Apr 17, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Belle03 View Post
Ive just found AlamoBrits

Looks like full insurance cover for same size car for £350, just checking all the insurance info now...
I was just going to ask where else you have compared with and mention brits.
If you book through brits you will have all the cover you need and Alamo are a pretty good company to rent from.

Can I just point out that you do not always get the car they say and the same goes for all rental companies unless you pay more to be allocated an exact model.
With alamo you choose from a line of cars in your class, I have never had a bad car

Before you book give Andy a go on here I have seen him make a few people happy.
Do not just use his site to get a quote make direct contact he can usually do better.
Here is his members link so you can PM him
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/member.php?u=108019
Andy
Discount Florida Car Hire
Tel: 01482 935118
E Mail: andy@discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
discountfloridacarhire
facebook/DiscountFloridaCarHire

Edited at 11:40 AM.
TEL N KEL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

I can highly recommend Alamo brits. Everything you need is included, no need to pay for anything else. You can then skip the counter/queue an go straight to the garage (no hard sell) and pick which car you want from the line of cars in your class.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Damn Dirty Ape
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
I can highly recommend Alamo brits. Everything you need is included, no need to pay for anything else. You can then skip the counter/queue an go straight to the garage (no hard sell) and pick which car you want from the line of cars in your class.
Plus you get one extra driver free.
Trip #16: In planning
Damn Dirty Ape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post

thanks for all the replies folks, very much appreciated!

I will drop Andy a pm as suggested, his site gives prices higher than almost all the other quotes ive seen lol

Cant wait now, 32 days to go!
Old 4 Apr 17, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Thanks Tel n Kel.

Yes, please send me an email and i'll look at the pricing.. Unfortunately somethings happened over night and the prices have gone through the roof. Just in the process of trying to get it resolved.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
dac123
Getting Excited

Hi Andy it may be ok now, a couple of the sites I use were down auto Europe are now giving Alamo large class standard as 380 and full size as 398. With Hertz as 393 and 409. (only one driver).I have never used them but Europcar are showing over £100 less full size at 265 and premium at 369
dac123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Europcar pass their bookings across to Advantage... I've got some amazing prices... but will never send my customers to them after reading the reviews.

I should be able to beat / match Auto Europe prices from my offline prices.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List