Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Apr 17, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
bloominadversit
Getting Excited

ESTA - one return and one new

Hi all,

I have an ESTA as I went to New York back in October. In JFK they had a "new ESTA" queue, and a "returning ESTA" queue.
Do both of these exist in MCO? If so I would be going down the returning ESTA, however my SO has not travelled to the USA before so will have a new one. Will we have to go into the queues separately?
bloominadversit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

the returning ESTA is a line for the automated kiosks

if your SO has not entered the USA since 2008 they will not be able to use the kiosks.

At MCO you'll be asked if you've been to the US before. Just say no or go to the regular line, not the automated kiosks line

go with your SO through that regular line. There is no sense in you, using the returning ESTA line, as you will need to wait for ages for your SO who will need to go through the regular line.
Stick together, especially if you have the same adress, you're considered family and go together in front of the CBP officer.

Edited at 06:50 PM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
bloominadversit
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
Stick together, especially if you have the same adress, you're considered family and go together in front of the CBP officer.
Thanks chmurf, that was my thought process too! He's never been through US customs and holiday planning is my thing so if they asked him the plans he'd have no clue!
bloominadversit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Just jumping in on this. Myself and gf went to New York last year and our ESTA still has hotel address on it. Do we need to change the address to Orlando or will it not cause any problems?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Adrob86 View Post
Just jumping in on this. Myself and gf went to New York last year and our ESTA still has hotel address on it. Do we need to change the address to Orlando or will it not cause any problems?
Absolutely not. Address will be updated from API.
Old 6 Apr 17, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bloominadversit View Post
I have an ESTA as I went to New York back in October. In JFK they had a "new ESTA" queue, and a "returning ESTA" queue.
oh, forgot something about this

if you return to the US in a couple of years, it will be under a *new* ESTA, but you'd still be eligible for the *returning ESTA* lane

Returning ESTA means : I have entered the USA before, under ESTA, and today I have an ESTA even if it's not the same one I entered the US last time.

As long as all party members have entered the USA at least once since 2008 under ESTA, they are "returning ESTA" even if the ESTA application is not the same application used on previous visits.

If one party member does not qualify, the party does not qualify
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
oh, forgot something about this

if you return to the US in a couple of years, it will be under a *new* ESTA, but you'd still be eligible for the *returning ESTA* lane

Returning ESTA means : I have entered the USA before, under ESTA, and today I have an ESTA even if it's not the same one I entered the US last time.

As long as all party members have entered the USA at least once since 2008 under ESTA, they are "returning ESTA" even if the ESTA application is not the same application used on previous visits.

If one party member does not qualify, the party does not qualify
Hi there
Does this apply regardless of age? We were last there in California in 2014, but my kids were 17 & 14 then, but can't remember how they were recorded. Now 20 & 17 are they new or returning?
Many thanks
Old 6 Apr 17, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Each passenger under the Visa Waiver Program requires an ESTA regardless of age

So if they entered under ESTA in 2014, they'll be eligible for APC (Automated Passport Control)

If they entered under some kind of visa or other program, then I'd ask CBP beforehand.